(platonic) Papa Wind Archer + daughter reader

Requested by Newsgirl22, hope you like it!

Someone had entered the forest that afternoon he had noticed. And, at first, the forest guardian ignore to attend other duties. There were many fallen spirits on one side of the forest that needed to be purified after all, and he didn't have time to see who had entered the forest. "Is probably one of the villagers as always" he had thought, quickly forgetting the matter as he concentrated on his task.
But some animals came his way as soon as he finished some, looking somehow anxious.

"What is it? Were the cookies that entered dangerous?" He asked, bow and arrow on his hands ready to fight any potential danger. He raised an eyebrow when the animal disagreed, confused of what could have happened then to make them so nervous.

"Alright, show me what it is"

When he was following them he thought about a million possibilities, but Wind Archer never thought he would find a small child sitting near a tree, face hidden between her legs. He frowned a bit as they approached, the faint sound of sobs reaching his ears. Thanking the animals with a small nod, he decided to approach the small child.

The child looked up at the sound of faint steps, immediately making eye contact with the guardian.

"Hello small one. Are you lost?" He asked as he kneeled in front of her, a gentle smile on his face. To his surprise, the kid shocked her head.

"I see. Do you want to tell me what happened then?" He asked. The child looked at him for a small moment, like deciding if she could tell him or not.

"I was here with mummy and she told me to wait. But she had been for too long… I don't think she is coming back" she said with a small voice, some tears falling from her eyes.

The forest guardian was usually peaceful, but at that moment he really wanted to punch someone. But he knew better. His top priority was now the small child in front of him. He could search for her mother later, even ask the habitants of the forest for any clues. And without any words, Wind Archer picked the child on his arms and raised from the ground. The kid hid her face on his big scarf as he held her gently, and at that moment he only wanted to protect the small child from any harm. If Fire Spirit was there he would probably tease him about been some kind of dad now.

"Is okay small one. It won't leave you alone" he said softly as he hold her closer.

"You promise?" She asked softly, her voice even trembling a bit.

"Yes. I promise"