Chapter 54

Jane's Pov

"It's time" Says Taylor.

"Should I go Taylor?" I ask.

"You should, trust me" Says Taylor

"I'm in a good mood right now. What if it's ruined?" I say.

"Sometimes you have to accept dear in order to surpass it. You've never been unsure or scared. Believe in yourself" Says Taylor.

"You're right Taylor. I am Jane Connor. I fear nothing" I say as I smile as I head to the elevator.

"Where was this confidence a minute ago?" Says Taylor as he follows me into the elevator.

"Oh hush" I say as the elevator closed. We entered the car as Taylor drove off.

"It's raining heavily. Are you sure you want to do this?" Asks Taylor.

"I'm sure" I say as Taylor continued.

It took about 20 minutes but we finally arrived. It was raining quite heavily so it's expected. I took the umbrella as I step outside and walked into the door. I made my way to Kate's house. As I reached the door I closed the umbrella and ring the bell. I was quite nervous. I didn't know what was going to happen. But I needed to warn her about that mysterious crazy obsessed person who is after her. I needed to protect her.

Kate's Pov

I woke up by the sound of the doorbell. It was so late at night. Who could be here so late at night? Maybe Candice? I turned around and saw Adelyn was sleeping peacefully next to me. She looked so cute while sleeping. I got up from bed and walked to the door. As I opened the door I gulped when I saw the person standing infront of me. This wasn't good... why now? Jane was standing right in front of me and looked at me very reproachful.

"I know you didn't expect me in your house at this late hour. But I couldn't wait for long. I needed to talk to you right now. I need to tell you something" She told me very hurt and I noticed that Adelyn was walking right behind me. I could feel her breath on my neck.

She recognized Jane's voice immediately and Jane's face darkened when she saw her.

"You..." She spited out and pushed me beside so she could walk infront of her.

"What the fuck are you doing here!!" Jane yelled at her but she grinned.

"I should ask you the same thing" She says to Jane.

"What is she even doing here Kate?" Jane asked me very angry and I froze out of fear not being able to speak.

"I'm here because Kate needed me and I love her so much to not be there for her when she needed me the most. We were making love all night" Adelyn told her and Jane's jaw clinched.

"She will never be your's because she already gave me her heart and I will never give it to anyone!" Jane yelled angrily and I looked down. I didn't know what to do at this point. Did Adelyn just confessed her love for me? Does she really love me? All this questions were driving me crazy.

"It's YOU. Isn't it?" Jane said and pointed at Adelyn. I looked at her confused not knowing what she was referring to.

"You're the third member of the hooded group who was stalking Kate and who is obsessively in love with her!!" She told her and Adelyn's eyes darkened.

"I don't fucking know what you are talking about!" Adelyn yelled back. Goosebumps developed all over my body. This wasn't good. Is Jane telling the truth. Adelyn is the third member of the hooded group? No.. it can't be her.. Jane is just being delusional.

"Kate, please trust me. You're not safe with her. She's crazy. She was behind all the things that happened to us. She wanted you. She and Martinez made a deal. Martinez wanted to destroy me and she wanted to steal you from me" Jane explained.

"So you finally realized that I wasn't trying to destroy you. It was Martinez.. it was always her! But you didn't trust me when I told you. I can't believe that you thought I was betraying you. Maybe it's because you never loved me nor trusted me" I said with my shaky voice. Her eyes were gloosy as if she was about to cry.

"I'm so sorry babe for thinking it was you. She played a very big game. I didn't know what I was doing. I had no control over my actions. Please give a chance. Let me make it up to you.." She said and I started crying. I couldn't hold it any longer. I tried not to show how much hurt I was by Jane thinking I would even think of betraying her.. but I couldn't hide it any longer. It was about time I completely broke down.

"There's nothing you can fix. Kate is mine and I will not let you hurt her anymore" Adelyn growled out.

I never saw her loose herself that much.. Jane really brought her to the highest level of madness.

"Please stop..." I whispered out very scared but it was like I wasn't there. They didn't pay attention to me at all even though I was the reason they were arguing.

"The only thing that stops her from come back to me is you!! But I won't give up. I never gave up on things I want. You're messing with the wrong person! Maybe I should get rid of you permanently!!!" Jane yelled very insane and pushed Adelyn against the wall.

Adelyn tried to push her away and she managed to flip herself over so that Jane was against the wall. But of course Jane didn't let her win and pushed her so hard that Adelyn fell on the ground. Then she got on top of her. Adelyn punched her but it didn't help. She tried to kick her but she was too trapped to hit her. Jane looked down at her very insane and put her hands around Adelyn's throat to choke her.

"You will die you piece of shit..." Jane growled out. She looks like she has completely lost it. I was even more scared to know what will happen next. I saw that Adelyn became even more weak and closed her eyes. She was about to loose all of air! I had to do something. I have to pull all of strength together and safe her life. I quickly run towards Jane and used all of my strength to push her away from Adelyn. It was hard but I managed to get her away from her. Adelyn was coughing heavily and tried to get her air back while Jane angrily glared at me.

"This is not over..." She whispered and quickly ran out of the house. I needed some time to process everything that just happened. My heart was beating heavily. I never was so scared in my entire Iife. Then I noticed Adelyn was still panting heavily and that made me get out of my frozen state. I ran towards her and sat down next to her.

"Oh my god are you okay?! Should I call a doctor?!" I asked her in panic and she slowly calmed down.

"No. I'm alright..." She said. Jane would try it again.

"She won't give up..." I whispered out but she rubbed my back very comforting. I saw the marks Jane left when she choked her... my heart was filling with guilt... all of that was my fault.

"Adelyn I'm so sorry..." I sobbed out while tears were coming out of my eyes. But she just pulled me into her arms to hug me very tight.

"Don't be. You safed me" Adelyn said and I hugged her back.

After a while I get out of her grip and looked her deep into the eyes.

"Adelyn, can I ask you something?" I say to her.

"Sure" She said while caressing my cheeks.

"Did you really mean it when you said you love me?" I asked. She looked at me and smiled.

"Yes, I mean it. I love you so much Kate and I want to be there for you" She said as I felt my heart beat goes faster. I looked down not knowing what to say.

"Do you love me Kate?" She asks as she lifts my chin up making me look at her.

"I love you" I whisper and she hugged me.

"That's all I needed to know" She whisper back happily.

I don't know how long we stayed like that. Adelyn surely makes me feel some type of way that I can't describe. She has changed a lot since the first time we met. Maybe spending more time with her, will help me know her much better.