Conversing With The Candy Cane

[Recap: Izuku gets angry at Midnight for assuming he has an intelligence Quirk due to his superior mind, and as he rants he bumps into Todoroki. Todoroki asks him if he dislikes Quirks.]

Deku laughed, finding it amusing to even think about it.

"Of course not!" he said cheerily, his smile bright even while blood rushed into his head, a mild throbbing in the back of his head alerting him of his position, and hopped down, twirling and landing on his feet, sitting down next to the bicoloured boy. "On the contrary, I love them! It's just that people are very discriminatory against Quirks they deem unsuited for society, and assume that any talent you have must be because of their Quirks. Many seem to forget that Quirks didn't even exist two hundred years ago, and humanity was doing just fine!" He then tapped his chin, and his eyes lit up, his body snapping towards the boy, startling him.

"Oh right, I didn't introduce myself! I'm Midoriya Izuku, the hacker Deku is my alias! Wonderful to meet you!" he took of his beanie and mask and beamed at the boy, startling him. "Anyway, did you know that before Quirks emerged, humanity nearly went to Mars? But just before any significant development happened, the Glowing Baby™ was born, and all research is halted. Now people only care about Quirks and Heroics!" he cried out with a pout. "I myself would have loved to visit other planets! It would have been an amazing opportunity, a completely different life that I'd have been enthralled by!" Then his face turned a bit somber. "What about you? Did you ever wanna just leave the world behind, and start a new life?" he asked quietly.

The boy blinked at his sudden change, and stayed silent for a while, trying to comprehend all that he had said. After some time, he spoke up.

"My name is Todoroki Shouto. And I have. A lot." Izuku didn't pry. He just smiled sadly at the boy.

"It seems that we both have dark pasts that we'd rather forget, huh?" He slowly reached out and patted the boy's back as the boy's head snapped towards him in surprise.

"You know what happened to me?" Izuku nodded.

"I'm not a hacker for nothing," he said proudly. Then his smile dimmed. "But yes, just from your responses and inability to show emotions, I can tell, even if I didn't have proof of it." He then stood up. "Todoroki-san, your father is one sick little cookie."

Todoroki sputtered.

"E-excuse me?" Izuku grinned.

"Don't worry about it. Also, if you find some stink bombs in his room, ignore them. They would be left by a bunny-eared acquaintance of mine." The heterochromatic boy:s eyes widened at the implication, but the greenette winked at him. "Well then, not that this hasn't been a pleasure, but you need to get to class now, and a certain rat must be looking for me." He offered a hand for him to shake. "I hope to see you later." The boy blinked, then took his hand, shaking it.

Izuku bowed slightly with a wink, and walked away, waving at him.

"Have a good day, Todoroki-san!"

As he turned a corner, he stopped, his grin dropping into a glare.

"Eavesdropped enough, Yagi-san?"