Arc 2: Chapter 37

Elenor woke up the next morning, still confused where she was but once a maid came in and explained to her she found out she was staying in Lloyd's estate building. She hurriedly got dressed and went to leave the room she was residing in when the person she wanted to see came to her instead.

"You're finally awake!" Lloyd smiled and heaved out in relief.

Elenor nodded, "Thank you for letting me stay here, sorry for burdening you even more."

Lloyd shook his head, "No it's alright. Besides that, how are you? I heard what happened." he said, his face sullen.

She let out a sheepish laugh, scratching her nape, "It was scary but I'm alright. Not only that I did give him a good fight so I'm not weak!" she flexed her arms jokingly.

Lloyd sent her a sympathetic smile before messing her hair up. "I'm glad you're safe."

Before they spoke any more, the door burst open again, this time it was her family. They rushed to her, giving her a tight wrenching hug which immediately took her breath away. It took Elenor some time to make her family calm down and not burst into tears. Though she knew they were extremely worried and almost crushing her bones from the tight hug, the thought of them caring for her this much made her heart swell. They made her remember her old family back at her world causing her to tear up just a bit.

"Are you sure you're okay now Elenor?" her mother asked worriedly.

"Yes mother, I'm fine now. Not only that I have to order my dress soon right?" Elenor changed the topic so her family wouldn't continue to be concerned about her.

"You still haven't ordered a dress for your coming-of-age?!" her mother gasped before grabbing Elenor's hand.

"We must leave now and call in all the designers!!" she exclaimed, taking Elenor with her.

Her father and brother along with Lloyd who was still in the guest room she was staying in, watched as Elenor was taken away by her mother.

"My apologies your highness..." the marquess apologised.

"It is alright, in fact it was funny," Lloyd chuckled before calling in a maid to clean up the room and handing Richard, Elenor's things that were left behind.

On the other hand, Elenor was brought back to their estate and within a span of an hour, designers from all over the capital flooded into the room her and her mother were in. Elenor couldn't complain as her mother worked fast and began making her try on different dresses.

'I just recovered...' Elenor cried in her heart as she continued changing dresses every time she got out of the changing room.

Her mother was strict on what kind of dress it was since it was for her coming-of-age. Looking at it for a while, she easily made her decision. It was either a yes or no. This continued on for hours until Elenor was thoroughly exhausted but she still had to try on many dresses.

Her father and brother only could look from afar, not daring to disturb the two ladies who continue looking for dresses. By the time Elenor was freed from her mother it was already time for dinner. Her muscles were cramped now and her energy was drained out that she barely made it to the dining hall.

Food was served and Elenor ate it all as she had been hungry hours ago. She even had to quietly ask for seconds cause she still wasn't full. When dinner ended, she realised Alec hasn't been with her the whole day.

"Have you seen Alec?" she asked around the maids and servants but they all shook their head, not knowing where he was as well.

Elenor sat in the library, cheeks swelling up in annoyance. She was the only one in the library so nobody saw her pouting childishly while she continued to wait for Alec to come back. The sun had set and now the moon was shining brightly in the sky but she continued to wait for Alec. Plus while waiting, she could continue reading wherever she had left off.

"When he comes back I'm going to give him a scolding," she grumbled as she continued reading her book under the moonlight and the library lamp lighting up her surroundings.

-

Alec quietly returned back to manor and headed to Elenor's room to check on her but she wasn't there. He frowned before heading to the one place he knew where she would be.

Slowly opening the door, he saw her figure sitting on the chair fast asleep. Her head was down and her book was sitting on her lap, untouched. Alec heaved out a small sigh before waking her up.

"Milady wake up. You shouldn't be sleeping here."

"Ngh.." Elenor stirred in her sleep before slowly opening her eyes.

She glanced at Alec before letting out a yawn.

"Alec?" she sleepily asked.

"Yes milady, I'm here."

"Where have you been the whole day? I have been waiting for you!"

Alec's heart skipped a beat. "You've been waiting for me?"

Elenor frowned, "Of course! Why would I-"

Alec impulsively engulfed Elenor into a hug. He just wanted to feel her warmth once more. It was intoxicating. He could feel her squirming around in his arms awkwardly. He didn't move away, holding onto her still.

"Please..let me have this.." Alec softly spoke, his walls crumbling down in front of her. He could hear how weak he sounded.

The only warmth he remembered was from his parents before they died. He believed he didn't need it anymore but when it came to her... He lost all sense of control, craving for more. She smelled sweet like lavender and vanilla. He wanted to be buried in her scent.

He felt her relaxing in his arms. Warm hands crept up to his back, stroking his back every so softly. It was so gentle he nearly let his tears spill out. Why was she so gentle towards him? What did he do to deserve this warm feeling? It gave him comfort yet uneasiness every time she was gentle to him.

"If you keep treating me like this..." Alec softly muttered to himself, his eyes turning into an endless void.

I don't think I can ever let you go.

---

Author's note: Just wanted some cute interactions between them(^∀^●)ノシ also updates might slow down around the third arc,,i hope yall can forgive me for that >︿<