2."That was the Last Time"

DON

Walking into the dark house I already knew the bullshit that was going to follow

Walking into the dark house I already knew the bullshit that was going to follow. Putting on the flashlight on my phone I walked through trying to hurry to my room " Where you been?"

I sighed stopping in my tracks " i just went out with some friends after work that's all"

I can literally say I didn't see it coming but I knew that it was. A hard slap across my face making me stumble back

I could smell the alcohol on his breath " You think I'm dumb Stephanie huh? I saw that nigga drop you off. You out here hoeing huh??"

Grabbing my cheek I stood up " Dwayne he was just a friend damn" He started walking towards me until he stopped " mommy?"

" Go back to your room Ayanna. I'll be there soon okay" I heard her feet departing back to her room.

I look towards his figure " You ain't pay the light bill Steph? How fucking stoopid can you be ?"

This ain't even my place but I'm paying every bill that comes through it somehow " I remember we discussed this and you said you would handle it"

Grabbing his keys and phone he left out the door " well I didn't. I'm gone."

Getting up off the floor I made my way to the bedrooms when I heard their little voices

" Yanna mommy here?"
" yea..."
I heard Amir's tired voice ask the question
"He hit?"
" yea.."

The tears that streamed down my face. Going into my room I changed out of my clothes and into something more comfortable and took out a duffle bag

That was the last time.

Dwayne and I are college sweethearts. I got apregnant during college with the triplets. I thought everything was going to be great. I was going to graduate, marry the love of my life, and have my babies, have a successful career and live happily ever after

Well I have one more semester left to finish off I had to take a gap year, I have my three beautiful babies Ayanna, Amaya, and Amir who are about to turn five. Dwayne graduated and decided this is what he wanted. Me and the kids to be our provider. So I put my trust in him.

But time passed and he didn't want me, didn't want to touch me , love me or the idea of anyone else having me.

But a mother of three with no job at the time, no money of her own, no close family members he was all I had at that time. He was my support system.

But for a few years I got to be my own rock for my kids. Dwayne started getting more distance and less involved with the kids. Jenny has been with me since the kids were one she became my support system. This environment isn't good for my children's upbringing and Ive been here for too long scared to leave. It's time to stand on my own two feet .