Chapter 43

You made your way down to Hagrid's Hut, pushing schoolwork from your mind. You knew Hermione would sit in the library all night if she could, so you weren't afraid of her leaving. You walked absentmindedly to Hagrid's hut and knocked.

"Who is it?" Hagrid's deep voice boomed from the hut.

"Y/n!" You said. Hagrid walked over to the door and opened it, greeting you with a smile that was hidden beneath his beard.

"Y/n! It's great ter see ya!" He walked across the hut, allowing you to come in. You sat in his large chair at the dinner table.

"It's good to see you too." You say, smiling.

"What can I do fer ya?"

"Oh, I was just bored of schoolwork and needed someone to talk to..." You say slowly. Hagrid sits across from you.

"Is sum'thin on yer mind?"

You nod slowly. "It's about Harry." Hagrid looks at you confused, and then makes a face of realization.

"Oh, yeah I heard he got knocked off his broom or sum-thin."

"No no... it's about him and Malfoy."

"Draco? That slimy boy? What could he possibly be doing on yer mind?"

You think before speaking, trying to decide how to word this.

"Well... so, um... I have a tiny crush on Harry." You say. Hagrid's face lights up.

"Well, blimey, y/n I'm happy fer ya!"

"...and Malfoy."

Hagrid face changes from excited to confused. "Malfoy? Yer tellin' me you like Malfoy?"

You smile. "Yes. And Harry."

"Well blimey y/n, tha's a tough situation yer've got there."

You chuckle. "Yeah. What's even worse is that I've kissed Harry before, and flirted with Malfoy. And I can't decide."

Hagrid looks at you quizzically. He begins to say something, but you cut him off.

"Don't tell me I need to spend time with both of   them. About a billion people have told me that."

"Welp. Then I don't got anything to tell yer." He shrugs. You spend about three hours with Hagrid before glancing at the clock.

"Bloody hell, Hagrid, I have to go back to the library! I left Hermione." You hugged him and bid him goodbye, closing the door behind you. You had only got about 10 paces before you remembered something.

"Hagrid!" You said, throwing the door open.

"Blimey, y/n, what?"

"I need a note to get Harry and Ron out of detention." You say.

"Oh- well what did they do this time?"

"They were late to breakfast." You and Hagrid chuckle as he gets out some paper and a quill.

"So- er, what do I write?"

"You've just gotta write some excuse to see Harry and Ron to get them out of detention."

"Hmm, I don't know about that." Hagrid says. "Good ol' Snape wouldn't be happy with me."

"Please, Hagrid!" You beg. Finally he gives in.

"Oh alright... fine I'll write yer a note."

And with that, Hagrid hands you a note and you trudge your way back up to the castle.

You rush into the library, finding Hermione sitting in the same position she had when you left.

"Hermione!" You said. "I'm so sorry! I totally forgot to come back." Your loud tone got you a large amount of "Shhh"s and dirty looks.

"I thought something happened to you!" She chuckled, gathering her stuff. "Let's go, you have to get the boys out of detention in an hour." You follow her up to the common room.

Fred and George were harassing Percy, a group of first years were watching, terrified, and a bunch of fifth years were laughing.

Hermione led you up to your room. "Don't forget, Monday you have tutoring." You nod.

"I love you, Hermione. You know my schedule better than I do." She chuckles, hugging you.

The two of you walk up to your rooms, changing, and chatting aimlessly, until it is finally time for you to go get the boys from detention.