~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮 ~

Chapter One Hundred And Thirty-Nine: After Match Fight

On their fourth meeting of the defence club, Hermione announced that she had found a way to let the rest of the club know when the next meeting would be

On their fourth meeting of the defence club, Hermione announced that she had found a way to let the rest of the club know when the next meeting would be. It was a fake golden Galleon.

"You see the numerals around the edge of the coins," Hermione said holding up one of the fake coins for examination. "On real Galleons there's just a serial number referring to the goblin who cast the coin. On these fake coins, though, the numbers will change to reflect the time and date of the next meeting. The coins will grow hot when the date changes, so if you're carrying them in a pocket you'll be able to feel them. We take one each, and when Harry sets the date of the next meeting he'll change the numbers on his coin, and because I've put a Protean Charm on them, they'll all change to mimic his."

A blank silence followed Hermione words.

"Well - I thought it was a good idea," Hermione said uncertainly "I mean, even if Umbridge asked us to turn out our pockets, there's nothing fishy about carrying a Galleon, is there? But...well, if you don't want to use them-"

"You can do a Protean Charm?" Terry Boot asked.

"Yes," Hermione said.

"But that's...that's NEWT standard, that is," he said weakly.

"Oh," Hermione said trying to look modest "oh...well...yes, I suppose it s."

"How come you're not in Ravenclaw" he demanded, "with brains like yours?"

"Well the sorting hat did seriously consider putting me in Ravenclaw during my sorting," Hermione said brightly "but it decided on Gryffindor in the end. So, does that mean we're using the Galleons?"

Lina liked the idea of the Galleon, it reminded her of a friendly version of the dark mark. She slipped the coin into her pocket as she left that lesson with Fred, George and Lee.

***

The first quidditch match of the season was Gryffindor vs Slytherin when the matched was announced Lina actually breathed a sigh of relief, the pressure was not only off her shoulders but it would also give her a chance to see how the Gryffindor played under Angelina's captainship.

"Why's this match so important Lina?" Betty asked confused. She stood next to Lina in the stands, Lina had one of Cedric's Hufflepuff Jumpers on and her scared Mrs Weasley had knitted her, Tony stood on the other side of Lina.

"Because newbie huff," Tony said leaning across Lina to answer "not only does any and all Gryffindor v Slyertherin matches usually end in some kind of disaster likely due to Potter - no offence Black but also because up until now Gryffindor has been our main competitor."

"Thanks for answering but I'm sure your name isn't Lina," Betty said crossing her arms.

"How do you know it isn't, hmm, how do you know I didn't change my name to Lina."