1. I am fine, I don't need a doctor

"She died for you, Hannah

"She died for you, Hannah. She knew I'll only do what was best for you. The least you can do for her is listen to me" he said getting close to my ear as gut-wrenching sobs tore through my chest.

"You are the reason she committed suicide"

"Please, dad. Please, stop" I cried out. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Hannie bear, you don't have an option. I'll destroy everything you have ever wanted. I'll destroy your life if you don't this" he said calmly.

Everything was just a joke to him. I was a joke to him. My life, my happiness didn't matter to him. Tears freely fell from my eyes as I shook my head unable to accept what he was doing to me.

"Now, freshen up. He will be here in an hour. So, you better look presentable for him" he said

"No, I won't" I shouted. Anger and defiance were my last resort. He wouldn't listen to my pleading.

"Shut up" he roared making me flinch.

"He's the mayor of our town, you will treat him with respect. You will do whatever he wants you to do. He has already signed the papers and that makes him your husband. Learn to obey and respect your husband" he shouted and I didn't know what to say or do. I sat there lifelessly listening to him.

I knew my father was a misogynistic male chauvinistic jerk but I never thought he hated me this much.

"I've already given instructions to my secretary, She will turn you into a pretty little wife for Mr. Mayor" he grabbed my arm and dragged me out of his office. His fingernails dug into my skin. I looked at my father with blurry vision as he dragged me out. I couldn't believe he was the same man as yesterday.

"Make her presentable and come back to my office. You have forty-five minutes" he ordered coldly, the secretary nodded and led me away from there.

__________

Two days earlier...

We got to the venue and double-checked every little detail making sure that nothing goes wrong.

I went backstage and all the models were lined up prepping for the show. Luke usually deals with this department. He knows how to handle models.

Scarlet was dressed in our one-of-a-kind dress. She looked breathtaking.

"I thought you'd still be at home sleeping," I said to her and she sassily rolled her eyes.

"Please, girl, I take my job very seriously," she said making both of us burst out laughing.

Everyone knows how serious she is about her job. She once threw a milkshake over Luke's head right before the show was about to start. She would have been fired if she wasn't our friend.