Chapter 17 • Oh No

It was approaching the end of school and I couldn't be happier. Even if I enjoyed going to school I couldn't stop myself from being happy it's almost over. Unfortunately I didn't have art today, but I was glad I had every class with Lilli.

When the bell rung Lilli, who made me pack my bag five minutes before class ended, grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the classroom not even caring if she shoved people half her size to get out of this school.

"Oh thank god, I thought we'd never get out of this school." Lilli groaned to me before proceeding to push open the doors that we both exited.

"Yah I'm glad to be going home." I smiled back at her while looking around the car park for either Emilio or Antonio.

I couldn't find them or their car so I just decided to follow Lilli since she seemed to know exactly where she was going. She lead me towards the back of the car park where I just noticed my brothers who were leaning against their car with, who I'm assuming to be, their friends.

I wanted to stop walking and just wait for their friends to leave but before I could do anything, Lilli was grabbing my arm and leading me towards them. She wasn't that much taller than me and yet she had a iron grip that I struggled to get out of but failed miserably.

The girl that I saw sitting close with Antonio at lunch was again by his side and she seemed to be the first person to notice us walking since she smiled before skipping and meeting us.

Lilli let go of my arm and hugged the girl who was wearing a grin so wide it almost scared me.

"Hey Lil's." The girl drawled out the word hey in an almost alarming way. Seeing both Lilli and this girl standing together I could see the resemblance. They both had the same pale complexion along with the black/brown hair and brown eyes, not to mention they had almost the same style. Well as much style as they can have with uniforms.

"Layla this is Ella, Ella this is my sister Layla." Lilli looked at me with an almost sympathetic look but before I could question it any longer I felt arms wrap around me followed by the scent of cinnamon. It took all of my control not to flinch from this person who I soon discovered was Layla, but I couldn't stop my body from tensing. After she pulled away I looked over at my brothers to see that they're attention along with their friends was on us. I quickly looked away while my cheeks turned a light crimson.

When we walked over to the group I went and stood by Emilio, well more like me trying to hide from the eyes of his friends from behind him. It didn't really work out since his back was to the car.

Lilli and Layla were chatting about the day while Layla went and resumed her position by Antonio who then threw his arm around her shoulders while listening to his friends talking about some sport.

He must have caught me looking because his eyes met mine, I'm pretty sure I was to tired because I just stared back at him instead of looking away. Before I could fully realize that we were having a stare off, my attention was brought to Lilli who I didn't even realize was right next to me before she was shaking my arm.

"What?" I asked when I finally looked at her.

"What's your phone number? I'll need it if we're gonna talk at all." She pulled out her phone before typing something in it and handing it to me. I completely froze as I took her phone, now came the awkward part where I tell her how I don't have a phone because the last time I did have one it got smashed into bits and pieces because I was looking at a photo of my mother and me on it.

"Oh I uh don't have a phone." I started to hand her back her phone but was stopped when Emilio turned around fast and snapped is fingers pointing at me.