2. "You changed the decor?"

I woke up to a pounding headache, I very carefully opened an eyelid and shut it again fast

I woke up to a pounding headache, I very carefully opened an eyelid and shut it again fast. A merciless sunbeam squirted straight in, making my brain bleed.

"Ugh" I sat up with my head in my hands, feeling like my head is about to explode in about five minutes. I wore a robe over my negligee and walked into the living room.

"Martha, I need coffee" I called for the maid and a few minutes later she came with some painkillers, water, and a steaming sexy cup of coffee.

"Ugh, you are a lifesaver, Martha, remind me to give you a raise later," I said as I downed two painkillers and gulped a huge amount of water.

I drank my coffee and took a warm relaxing shower and I felt so much better after that. I dressed up for work in a professional black pantsuit, made a high ponytail, and wore my favorite nude Valentinos.

I walked into the living room and saw Scarlet completely fucked up.

"Hey, how do you look like this, and I who does modeling for a living look like a cat run over," she said in a tired voice.

"This is after two painkillers, two cups of coffee, and a warm bath, you should try it," I said as Martha served me breakfast.

After I was done with my breakfast, I was ready for another exciting day at work. I reached my office in about fifteen minutes. The guards and receptionist greeted me. I walked into my private elevator and arrived at my floor.

Pearl came frantically running over to me, with a coffee in one hand and files in the other.

"Woah, slow down," I said

"Someone is in your office, I couldn't tell them to wait outside since he is important and very intimidating," She said in one breath.

"And who might that be?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed, I took my coffee from her and walked to my office.

"Your father," she said from behind me and I stopped dead in my tracks. I turned around and faced her stunned.

"What is he doing here? Did he say something?" I asked hurriedly

"No, nothing. He came and didn't even acknowledge me and walked straight into your office" she explained

"He has never visited me in the last six years. Why would he come now?" I asked confused.

"I don't know, maybe he missed you" She sheepishly said

"Missing someone is a feeling and my father doesn't have feelings" I whisper-yelled.

"Don't worry, I am sure everything is fine. Just go in and welcome him here. Ask him, why is he here?"

"Okay, everything is fine. Everything is going to be fine" I calmed my nerves.

For the first time in my life, I was afraid to walk into my own office.

I walked in confidently and saw him looking at the pictures hanging on my wall. It was a reminder of my old life. He had his eyes stuck on one particular picture, I followed his gaze and saw the picture I love the most.