Chapter 24: Dead

I couldn't have been sitting there for more than 30 seconds before Harris and a couple other guys burst through the door, guns at the ready.

I can't believe I forgot about them.

The idiot trying to rob the store was on the floor in the blink of an eye and Harris was scanning the place looking for me.

Standing up I made my presence known to him before going back to the drink shelf. I'm not leaving here without my chocolate milk or Winter's juice.

This would just have been a waste of time otherwise.

I didn't even get to pay for the stuff before Harris grabbed my hand pulling me out of the shop. God, it's not as if the guys gonna get out of the other bodyguards grip and shoot me. So dramatic.

Glancing over at my car, I realise that Winter's no longer in the passenger seat. Where the hell did she go.

"Where's Winter?" I ask Harris as we walk towards the Suv on the street.

"In here" He answers as he opens the SUV door for me. Sure enough there she is, in the backseat with her phone to her ear and scared eyes.

Her head snaps to me suddenly, and she passes the phone over to me. Harris gestures for me to get in the car but there's no point in that, My cars already here.

I just shake my head at him and take the phone from Winter and begin walking back to my car.

"Hello" I speak into the phone.

"Are you alright" Jaxon's stern voice comes through the other end. Of course its him.

"Yes, I'm good no need to worry" I say reassuringly.

"Seriously Alejandra." He says in a hard voice.

"I'm fine, it was just some guy trying to rob the store I was nowhere near him." I roll my eyes. This is a lot of fuss for a girl who's been held at gun point too many times to count already. This incident is like a walk in the park compared to the things I've been through.

"I don't care Princess, he still put you In danger and I won't tolerate that. Now get in the car with Harris, Ill meet you back at the house."

"It's kind of insulting that you think some low life is a danger to me. You know the training I've been through, and I've got my own car. Ill drive it back."

"I wasn't asking princess, get in Harris's car now."

"No Thank you" With that I hung up on him. Does he seriously think that he can boss me around like that. He's poorly mistaken if he does.

I hand Harris the phone to give back to winter, before getting into my car.

The robber guy is being hauled into a different SUV looking both terrified and confused. Poor guy just wanted some money and now he's going to be tortured by a Mafia. Unlucky.

It doesn't take me long to get back to the house and when I do, Jaxon is standing leaning against his car waiting for me. 

He's over to me within seconds of me stepping out of the car. He grabs my arms and scans me head to toe for injuries.

"I'm fine Jax, he wasn't anywhere near me." I say rolling my eyes.

"What were you even doing there so late?"

"I was dropping Penny off and wanted some chocolate milk." he shakes his head at me.

"Well then you should've asked Harris to get you it."