Chapter 39 : Your cue

**Zayn POV**

I fiddled with my hair feeling absolutely mortified.. guilty. He saw me.. Niall saw me.. When I clearly promised him I'd stop.. "AGHH!" I groaned out loud. Why did I have to feel stressed at such a bad time? Why did he have to see it... He'll probably avoid me again.. I clearly promised him and I broke it. The worst thing about secrets is that if you're keeping it from someone, and that person your trying to hide it from is the worst! The absolute worst. I huddled in a corner in the patio and had the urge to fling anything.. anything that can make the pain go away.

-|Niall POV|-

Oh god.. My heart felt like a constant lightning strikes. It's never ending. I could barely breathe as I stared at Zayn with loving eyes. Totally different from what I saw him this morning. The Larry couple was right all along.. and Liam also.. I did feel the same about him.. But question is.. How am I going to break it to him? How am I going to tell him the news? Louis and Harry scanned me with worries clearly written in their face. "Niall, you're not breathing man!" Harry tried shaking me, and I couldn't keep my eye off the frantic boy by the porch.

His hazel eyes ever-so-often meeting mine with clear guilt glazing him. Why was he guilty? Did I do something? I pushed the curly headed boy away slightly and got myself out of the door. Slowly, I took about an inches of steps, feeling my body go numb. All I could hear was my heart beating out of my ribcage, and the slow and sullen footsteps I took. Seconds passed, and I am no more than a metre away from the Bradford boy, and a gasp was stuck in my throat. What was I supposed to say to him? Should I say a simple "yes" and then we can go out as a couple, or would that be a bit plain? AGGHH!!

Why did I want more out of it? Why did I want a more romantic way to tell him my feelings? Was my love for him strong enough that I genuinenly wanted something more than a simple 'yes' I halted at once, and stared at him some more, then continued. "What's wrong Zayn?" I cocked my head to the side while trying to study him. "It's nothing .. Niall.." he shrugged while turning for the door. I unknowingly grabbed his wrist the last second and saw him widen his eyes in surprise. "Zayn.." I swallowed before feeling new-found courage take over. "I'm serious.." My eyes never left his. "I wanna know."

He silently chewed on his lip, and I thought he was about to whip my hand away, but he pulled me inside the house and up his room, and locked the door. I sat silently on one side of his bed facing him and his hesitant footsteps. Silently, he sat himself beside me, and looked down on his hands ; quietly fiddling with them. "Do you hate me?" he mumbled silently. I gawked at his question, but saw that he genuinely needed to know my answer. I chuckled while lolling my head back with a smile on my face.

"Why?" was the only thing I could say. He remained silent, and studied me. His hazel eyes bearing onto me as if I was the only thing he could see. "Well.." he scratched the back of his neck. "I broke the promise.." he confessed while he kept his eyes on me for my reaction. I re-positioned myself so that I could scowl at his question. "Zayn, you know I couldn't hate your for something like that.. You're stressed, and you needed a break, no big deal!" I beamed happily while putting a hand on his shoulder.

He stared at my hand for a couple of minutes, and I could feel my hand sizzle with the contact. I quickly took it away, and pain spread over his face for a second, but then hid it with a smile. "O-Okay.." he nodded while looking plainly at the wall. I got up from my seat, and went to open the door. Before I could leave, I couldn't help but feel as if I hurt him doing such an action, so I quickly strutted back to where he was, and he looked pretty surprise that I came back.

"Just to let you know, I am still in thought about your confession, so just hang on tight for a while, aye?" I lied. I knew I felt the same, I needed to ask the boys for help on my own confession, so might as-well stall time right? Glint of hope passed through the boy's eyes, and he suddenly wore such a beautiful smile. Since when did he smile like that? Was it because I gave him a bit of hope? This is so strange, my heart thumped rapidly, and blood rose to my cheek.