Chapter 58: August's POV

"Please, I promise I'll do anything, please don't reject me," Harman begged, on his knees, already sobbing.

"I don't want to, I-I don't think I could honestly get the words out, I love you, I don't know what to do." He dropped to his knees in front of Harman, scooping him into his arms.

"Well, I could challenge you." Alexandre stood in the doorway. Looking at the couple who cried in each other's arms. "In the olden days, Alpha's would challenge each other for land, mate, etcetera. I could challenge you."

"Yeah, fucking right Reid, like my elders, would fall for that crock of shit," Abram growled, hugging the small Omega to his chest. Harman was straddling the Alpha holding on to him for dear life.

"I mean, I think it's still in the rule book for the High Council, shouldn't you know this shit since you're on the High Council, you know where you see those fang freaks, pixies, and shit else." Alexandre rolled his eyes, crossing his arms.

Abram looked at my mate, dumbfounded. "Is it really? I didn't even look at that stuff, shit I barely go to the meetings."

"Dude..." Alexandre furrowed his brows in disbelief.

"What, my dad was always busy, he barely taught me shit, the beta trained me more than my pops did." Abram shrugged, combing his fingers through Harman's hair. Harman hiccuped, rubbing his face in his mate's chest. "Another thing is, what would I challenge you for? You have everything I have, if not more."

"Challenge to not accept Harman." Alexandre shrugged.

"What if I win the fight?" Abram asked. "Once we shift, our Alpha instincts will take over. You're talking as if I will have control over how the fight will go."

"Don't worry, Dimitri knows we'll win this one." My mate said smugly.

"Whatever, I know you may have been brought up differently and had your father by your side training you, but you have to remember by far my pack is stronger than others."

"As is ours," I butted in. "I honestly think if anyone has a fighting chance, it'll be my mate."

"I know once our challenge is announced, the Council will want to be there because I'll be challenging you for the spot on the Supernatural Council as well. Your Elders will have no choice in accepting this deal because if they deny what we're challenging for the Supernatural Council will eradicate your elders." Abram blinked owlishly at Alexandre's words.

"How are we even going to do this?" The Alpha asked, unsure of the plan.

"I mean, I can challenge you to a duel, tonight at the feast from our hunting," Alexandre explained. "Then first thing in the morning, we duke it out."

"Okay." Abram nodded his head. "Let's do it. It'll be the duel of the century, you're the first one in over a century to challenge my family's number one position, and I think it's time for a new leader for our wolves." He held his hand out for Alexandre to shake.

---

The next morning Alexandre held me close to him in bed. He whispered sweet nothings in my ear, causing goosebumps to rise on my skin. He rubbed my flat stomach, where our pup grew, telling me that he would win this challenge.

This was Alexandre's first initiated fight with another Alpha. When we exited our room, other Alpha's and their Luna's were standing in the hall talking amongst themselves. They all stared at my mate as if he were doing something wrong, something unthinkable.

When Alexandre won the fight with Abram, it caused an uproar with the Alpha's, but it also stirred Abrams pack. Per their agreement, Abram was to accept Harman as his mate, and tonight he was to hold their mating ceremony. Abram asked us later in the evening the day before we could make a few adjustments before the challenge was set in stone. The ceremony was his idea. He wanted to make sure that his elders couldn't say anything during the ceremony to deny their bond.