Twenty-Seven

47 hours before...

"Breathe, Harry. I need you to breathe. If you don't you'll pass out, then you'll sleep, and probably die."

"Not helping you twat!" I groaned in between my clenched teeth. The pain shooting through my entire arm was spreading fast, and no amount of water could compose the horrid aches. I screamed one again when John's hand covered the green symbol, as if it would halt any further designs. It didn't.

"In through your nose, out through your mouth."

"John... step... back."

Suddenly my head began to feel lightheaded, everything around me blurred except John who widened his eyes and slowly began to back away. I growled, bringing forth my arms with all the strength I could muster and shouted at the ceiling. I felt like I was on fire, and the only thing fuelling the inferno was the urge to hurt; to kill.

"Harry this isn't you!"

I laughed but then shouted as my arm flung in the opposite direction, popping a few of my bones from their sockets, but the fire within me masked the pain from my arm. My spine hinged and hung in odd positions, casting a tremendous amount of pain to shoot through my body and have me absorb every single bit of it. The chain was locked tight and stable, and foolishly John was yet to add another few to guarantee his safety.

"You're a fool John Marshall," the words rolled off my tongue before my mind could comprehend. "And you're going to die for it."

I lunged forward with a growl, snapping one of the chains on my right leg. My actions halted as I stared at my freed leg, and then tilted my head to stare at John with a smile. His expression was of fury, anger, and fear. My smile widened as I watched him back away from me, quickly exiting the chamber and locking the steel doors behind him. Again, foolish.

"Can you feel the pain, Harry? How much does it hurt?"

I shook my head with a short chuckle. "The pain is merely there." My head hung to the side where I licked the corner of my lips. "Your stupidity is amusing. Your fear is unnecessary... I wouldn't hurt my friend," I lied. He knew I was lying.

"This isn't you... the-the mark can do evil things when you can't control it Harry. You'll turn out like-"

"Like what, John?!" I boomed, furious at his accusations. "Like my father? No! I will never kill without a purpose!"

"Then what is your intention now?" His voice lowered dramatically, and I began to become angrier at his soft tone. I needed to scream, because all these emotions and feelings that I've absorbed are consuming me and I can't handle it anymore. I have to let it all out.

"To kill you," I lied. "So then I'll make up some sob story that the pack will believe, and then your father will have no choice but to keep me by him like a second son. Your irrelevancy isn't needed John. You're a piece of shit with no use in this world!"

I gasped, catching my breath as I watched his reaction. His eyes only dropped, otherwise, that was it? It made me angrier. I wanted a reaction. I wanted him to slam these cell doors open and fight me, and I wanted to break his bones until he's pleading or holding on by a thread. I needed his pain to replenish mine.

"I know," he whispered. "You think I don't know? I -- this isn't you! At this moment you don't have a conscience, and no matter what I say you'll wake up with no absolute memory of what's happening right now between us." He paused, and then wickedly smiled at me. "You know who Cassandra is, right?"

I flinched which he seemed to notice because his smile only widened. I wanted to rip it off his face then stitch his lips back on upside down. At the thought my hands unconsciously tugged at the chains, but not with enough power to actually break. He unlocked the bar doors and walked into the chamber until he was only centimetres away from me.