Chapter 26

A/N - 

I'll be honest with yall, I'm not really up for writing this chapter right now. I got up at 3:00 AM so I could watch the I-Land finale live. I cried... like a lot. And then an hour after it ended I went to my physiology class and apparently we had a test... I didn't know about it at all. 

So yeah, I'm super sleep deprived, sad from the eliminations in I-Land, and my head hurts from my test which I was in no way prepared for. I'm only writing this now, around 6:30 PM, because I feel like if I don't do something I'll fall asleep, and then I won't be able to sleep tonight so yea.

Anyway, enjoy :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

I couldn't help pacing around my fight room, my mind running 200 miles per hour.

It was currently 4:50 pm, there were exactly 10 minutes until the fight started and I had a plethora of worries.

I began to nibble on my fingernails as I stared daggers into the clock, watching each second tick by.

Seven more minutes.

I tried to look into our opponents when I got home from school, but I could barely focus. I don't remember their names or their fighting styles, the only thing that stuck in my head is what they look like and their body types. But even then, that small bit of information is blurry.

Four more minutes.

Fuck, what if Lucas doesn't show up?

After what he said to me, I don't want to see him. Not yet. But I can't do this without him. If Lucas doesn't come I'll have to drop out, which means I won't be able to find my dad. And it's not like I can just ask someone to fill in for him.

Under Mad Dog rules, neither person in the duo can be changed after the first fight has occurred, if one or more person sustains an injury that prevents them from being able to fight, then the pair will have to forfeit.

Two minutes.

"Shit!" I audibly cursed right as a knock came from the door.

I chewed on the inside of my mouth, rubbing a hand through my messy hair. I looked batshit crazy, I had deep eye bags and dark circles that made me look like a raccoon. I've been so stressed after what happened last night I didn't get an ounce of sleep, although that was normal for me.

I showed up to school looking like a complete wreck. My hair was tangled and knotted, sticking out in every direction imaginable. Sarah tried her best to fix it, but there's only so much she can do, especially since the problem stemmed from stress. I think it's safe to say that I looked utterly haggard.

I opened the door and Dan Reynolds was on the other side. He peered into the room, leaning slightly forward as he craned his neck, "Ya alone?"

I left the door open as I stomped away, taking a deep, unsteady breath. One more minute then all of the effort I've put in in the last four years will have been for nothing. After what happened the last time I saw Joon, there's no way he would give me another deal like this.

I faced the wall, my back to the door. I leaned against the cool surface, lifting my head up and then lightly tapping it against the wall over and over again.

"The fuck are you doing?"

I whipped around at the voice, "Lucas!? Holy fucking shit I thought you were going to bail on me."