Lol Funny Number (Jk)

I'd be lying if I said I didn't wake up thinking about last night. Thinking about how bright the stars were, or how for the first time since I arrived, it was actually a comfortable temperature that was not too hot nor was it rainy. And how the wind swept through the park, spreading both inner and outer peace with it like pollen.

It was then, under the millions of stars on top of the grassy hill that I felt safe. Like a puzzle piece finally finding its place. It was like time froze. Like I could stay in that moment forever.

And Dream was right by my side. It was like talking to a completely different person. It was like he wasn't just a one dimensional character I found on Minecraft. He was a real person with real emotions.

And last night I felt them.

I woke up in a daze. A bittersweet emotion. Sad that the moment had since disappeared and I was back in bed with the sun's rays cutting through the blinds of the window, but glad it happened in the first place. For the first time, I saw Dream. Not just the cocky player with a brain the size of the sun that everybody saw and knew. I saw parts of the real him. I saw the vulnerability— the insecurity. And although I knew he didn't want me to see it and I had to pry it out of him, I wanted to see more of it. Maybe I didn't actually know everything about him. Maybe there was a whole 'nother half of him I had yet to see.

I was going to get it out of him.

He was still asleep when I woke up. He slept on his stomach, his arms under the pillow. I had since accepted the fact that I was a blanket hog as I noticed I always woke up hot with him shaking next to me. But he got used to it, too. He turned the fan off right before going to sleep. This morning was no exception, either. I looked over at him to see the most blanket he had on was the thinnest layer covering his ankles.

I wasn't planning on staying in bed long. I was starving. When I climbed out of bed, all the blankets fell down with me. At first, I just threw the giant heap back on the bed, but I ended up making the bed with him still in it in the end. He slept so peacefully. Watching him sleep was like watching a baby. They radiated peace.

But then I realized just that. I was watching him. That was when I decided I had been in the bedroom for too long and carefully opened the door. I turned around to see Patches hop back on the bed and curl up against Dream's sleepy body.

Sapnap was already awake, and he was cooking. He was leaning against the counter on his phone when I came in. He didn't notice me until I pulled out one of the stools and sat down.

"Finally you're awake," He said. "It's almost noon. I almost went upstairs to check that you guys didn't die."

"Sorry. I didn't think wittle Sapnap got lonely so fast," I retort a little more sarcastically than intended. "What are you making?"

"Ramen," He mumbled.

"Ramen?"

He nodded.

"You really are a classic college student, Sap."

"Well neither you nor Dream were up. You made me go full student mode." He stirred the noodles around in the pot.

"It's important to know how to cook, Sapnap."

"Don't mommy me," He said. "If I really wanted to hear it, I would've just stayed home."

"Okay." Whatever he was saying, I wasn't quite catching. My brain was acting fuzzy. I couldn't really focus on anything. All I could think of were bright stars and even brighter smiles. Or the ride home when I fell asleep to Dream humming to a slow song on the radio. And thinking about it caused my heart to suddenly become a gymnast as it did cartwheels and tumbles. I had that same feelings pretty much all night last night. It was a a pleasant feeling— almost like being high. Not like I knew what that was like, but I imagined it to be something like that.