Chapter 1

*Blair's POV*

The sound of the gunshots is whats keeping me running through the forest, keeping my adrenaline pumped up. With this, I swiftly grab my bow and arrow ready to shoot down my attacker.

Climbing onto a tree to get a better look I see the pack guards coming in my direction. Letting two of the arrows fly from my bow they hit the first pack guard in the arm and chest area. While his other friends seem to be looking from where the arrows are coming from do I strike at him next.

Seeing as it hit him in the leg I take this as my chance to run away. Quickly jumping from the tree as I run farther into mother nature.

Just another day running from brainless pack guards and fighters.

I wasn't trained like this, but I grew up like this.

I never used to be a rogue in this world, I used to be apart of a pack like many other wolves but once my parents died in an attack did my whole life change.

In fact, I used to hate anything that had to do with fighting, loving the idea of dresses and anything colorful. Being somewhat happy when my parents were alive.

But now, black is my favorite color and I don't remember the last time I gave a genuine smile.

I don't get close to people nor do I wish too. Everyone who I have ever put my trust in has either left or died. Leaving me yet alone once again.

So, why continue trying when you know your up for defeat?

Once I know I'm clear from danger do I begin running even faster. My stomach rumbling causes me to stop. I'm still too far from the little cave home that I built for myself.

I look around for a bit until my eyes stop on an apple tree behind a border force. I can clearly see the yellow force around it.

A pack border hasn't stopped me yet and it won't now. Quickly pulling my backpack with my arrows closer to my chest do I run through the force.

Grabbing as many apples as I can squish into my bag do I begin to get more adrenalin from hearing the footsteps and yells of the pack guards running towards me. Picking my bag up and grabbing my bow and arrow do I run with full force out of the border.

The yelling for me to stop and surrender while I have the chance keeps me running in excitement. Please, surrender? What's that word even mean again?

"Stop now before we call the Alpha!" I turn around and face the three men who seem to be weaponless.

"You'll call the Alpha?" I say to them.

"Yes. Now hand over your bag." The one with the spiked up hair says to me coming closer. I take this as my chance to shoot him right in the arm with the bow and arrow.

"Hey!" He yells at me. I can see the other two men's eyes fog up a bit before they all shift circling around me.

What idiots.

I grab two more arrows and shoot the same spiked man I shot earlier keeping him down this time. Running to catch more speed and grabbing even more arrows do I shoot at the last two wolves causing a loud growl to form from a wolf farther back.

But that growl causes tingles to go down my spine.

Huh, must be the Alpha.

See these wolves are always the same, calling the Alpha. As if I couldn't take him down. But they all always want what's best for the "Alpha" so they let me escape.

Baby's if I do say so myself.

Shooting them once again do I put everything back in my backpack securely. I shift into my grey wolf and begin the run back to my cave.