Chapter 23

Discovered

New days arrived. Everything all felt so different, but you and Link decided to move on.

Link gave you a cloak to put on because you two were on your way to your Kingdom at night. As you both got ready, you created a portal.

Earlier, you chose to never come back to the land of Hyrule. Link would go back, you wouldn't.

You and Link walked in. As you two were at the entrance of the kingdom, you see people. It was the people you had stayed in their village with.

Both of you began walking inside your castle town and heard a commotion of people coming from the castle.

They introduced HIM. The chief.

"(Y/N)! You're here!" He smiled. You and Link were staring with wide eyes. "You're the princess of this kingdom, we welcome you back." He said. "We?" You asked. "I'm the king.." He smirked.

"So please..take my hand and you'll be princess again."

He was dead? For Hyrule, he needs to be gone. This was tough.

You took his hand. "(Y/N)." Link said under his breath. You looked back at him until he the Chief pulled you in. "Yes!! We get to experience this magnificent land once we get married!" He said.

"What?!" You and Link shouted in unison. "Yeah! You'll be queen once we get married." He said. "What? N-"

"She says yes!" He yelled to drown your voice. Everyone began celebrating around. The chief pushed you out of "Happiness".

Link caught you.

~

You and the Chief were alone in a room. "You will accept this no matter what." He says.

You weren't at all intimidated. "And why's that?"

"I have to look good. A woman can't kill me. You most definitely can't. A queen will defend my actions. You'll be nothing but a toy, (Y/N)."

"My goal is to kill you, understand that." You responded. "You went too far, (Y/N). I don't want to cause you harm yet you want to kill me?! What are you insane?!"

A maiden came in. "You're crazy, (Y/N). Crazy!" The chief said.

"I am not crazy! You know what you're trying to do and it won't work." The maiden was hearing everything. Once she left, he said "You're showing your people a different side. This isn't good, (Y/N). By the way, the name's Matias."

You left, slamming the door.

This means war.

Link was outside, waiting for you. "I have to get him out of that position of power. I have to." You said. 

Later, you and Link were at a shop in the town.

You looked to your side and saw someone. A spirit. A little girl. You both locked eyes. She gave you odd vibes. A little too familiar..

When you were back in the castle, you couldn't stop thinking about her. "Link did you see her?"

"See who?" He asked. "The girl..in the shop."

"Hmm, no. I don't think I did." He said. He didn't. That's even worse. Link can see any spirit, like you can. You got out of your room and came across Matias. "I know you saw her." He says. "What are you talking about?"

"The girl. In the shop. You saw her. Don't lie to me."

"You're speaking nonsense."

"Alright. I plan on getting rid of her. I hope you don't intrude." He left.

Outside of the castle, you see a man trying to hurt a little girl. "Hey!!!" You pulled the man to find out he was doing nothing bad. You pulled away and apologized. Turning around, you see a dog. Staring at you. You ran to Link.

He was someone else. No..his clothing almost looked the same. His hair was different. More blond. It was a different Link. He pulled out the Master sword. He ran and stabbed you.

You screamed. "(Y/N)?! Are you alright?" Link shouted. You were in bed. It was night already.

"I saw a girl, Link. Something about her..I have to find her. She might be in danger." You ran out and asked where Matias was. Everyone said he was going to an important meeting. Oh she was definitely in danger. You and Link were going to go outside until the guards stopped you. It was an order from Matias to keep you inside.

You looked out the window from your room and saw Matias carrying a crystal. "No!!!"

Link pulled you away from the window and shattered it. "Let's go!" Both of you used cloths to slow down the fall from the window as you two jumped. Link saw a horse and got on. He pulled you in. The horse followed Matias.

You two arrived at a temple. Going in, you see Matias. "Like I said, I hoped you didn't intrude yet here you are." Next to him was the little girl in a floating bubble. "Let her go!!"

"Y'know who these two are?" He asked her. She shook her head. "These two are a nuisance to my life! They always want to hunt me down. I didn't do anything wrong!" He smiled. "But she did." He pointed at you. "She killed her own spirit. What was her name? Akari."

The little girl turned her head to look at you. He popped the bubble to let go of her for a minute. "So..sister was alive? I could've met her and you killed her?!"

You and Link backed away. "Sister?!"

The little girl began crying and released an awful amount of her power going against you. You created a shield.

Matias placed her in a bubble again. "That's why I'm getting rid of her."

"No! Please! Let her live!" You begged. "Or what?"

"I'll protect your every action."

"Really? Keep that promise or he's dead." He looked at Link. You and Link both planned everything already. So you nodded.

~

You and Link took in the little girl. "Who are you?"

"I'm..Selene. My sister was Akari."