||Chapter 25||

Cecelia

"Yay Cece and Liv day! Cece and Liv day!" Liv cheers as she watches me do the dishes "What's going on" my mom says entering the kitchen wearing her white ankle length skirt and flowing brown top her hair falling perfectly as always "What is it darling" she says rubbing my cheek "Nothing" I say smiling at how naturally beautiful she was and yet my father still managed to spend 200 out of the 365 days in the year on business trips. I respected what he did and loved how hard he worked but he must miss us often.

"Mommy it's Liv and Cece day" Liv says running towards my mom wrapping her arms around my mothers waist "Oh really what's that" my mom says stroking Livs hair "We're going to do our nails, do our hair, get some clothes, and eat eat eat" she says emphasising the eating part "That sounds amazing" my mom says laughing "What caused this Cece and Liv day?" She says looking at me with sad eyes. I tighten my lips and shake my head at her not wanting to talk about it "I wish I could come with you guys" she says still looking at me "But I must get some dresses ready for tonight" she says looking down at Liv "Dresses for what?" I ask confused "We were invited to your schools gala" she says smiling "We've never been invited to a Gala before?" I say confused "Yes well I guess after the incidents with the other schools and influx of new students I guess they need a little more support" she says shrugging her shoulders "and we're going?" I ask "Well the letter had been addressed to the other house to the parents of Elena Melroe and I realised this is your last year at school and your father insisted we go and I thought hey it's a chance for you to get out and socialise we haven't done that in a while" oh trust me I've done more socialising than I'd have liked in the past few days "did you say father?" I ask confused "Yes he'll be at home tonight" she says smiling "Really" Liv says cheering. I smile down at her recognising that same joy I had as a child when my dad would come back from his long business trips.

Sometimes I wish my family had Elena personas where we could put the world on pause when I wasn't James Karmicheals daughter and we could just be the Melroes all the time. I huff realising tonight would be the night the Karmichael family debuted at Northdale Academy. Of all the snooty families it was sad to say but we were the snootiest even if we didn't act like it.

"Oh well we better get ready" I say to Liv not wanting to talk about this anymore "Okay you guys be safe I'll call Sergio around" she calls. I would've drove but I wasn't 100% confident and didn't want to put Liv in that kinda danger.

I follow her into her room letting her choose her own outfit for the day. I'm surprised when she chooses a decent outfit which actually matched not that it really mattered at her age what she wore.

 I'm surprised when she chooses a decent outfit which actually matched not that it really mattered at her age what she wore

I smile and help her into her shoes before skipping over to my closet trying to find an outfit to wear. Liv being the scandalous little girl she was kept picking out short skirts and dresses for me with the highest heels. I laugh forcing her to sit down on the couch considering she was attempting to touch everything. I pick out and outfit and twirl for her approval. She nods her head in approval.