15. Sugar Quills

Aster's POV

After class, Harper still teases me about apples. She has no idea why I smelt that from the potion, so I just let her assume it was something from home.

"Blaise!" she calls, beckoning him over as he wanders in from the courtyard. He joins us as we walk to the Great Hall.

"We did the Amortentia potion today in class!" she tells him, "Aster told the whole class that she smelt peppermint and green apples!" she bellows, bursting into laughter as I give her a smack on the arm.

"Do you really have to go telling everyone?!" I complain.

Blaise raises his eyebrows, letting a small chuckle escape his lips.

"What do you smell, Harper?" He asks.

I flip my attention back to Harper. "I completely forgot to ask you!" I cry, now begging for some payback.

Her dark eyes light up.

"I don't care if everyone knows what I smelt" she announces, a little skip appearing in her step.

"I smelt lavender and butterscotch pancakes" she beams.

I gape at her.

"What?" she cries, her eyes narrowing as she takes in mine and Blaise's expressions.

I look at Blaise, pure shock covers his face.

"Um lavender because of the lavender plants in your mums kitchen right?" I ask.

She nods, her upturned eyes sparkling as she thinks about her mum.

"Butterscotch pancakes?" I press, carefully.

I watch as her eyes stay gleaming, "I like sweets", she explains completely oblivious.

"Mmmm" I mumble.

We walk through the Great Hall's doors, the hall buzzing with the lunch time rush. Sweets fill black bowls in the middle of the large tables, gaudy decorations cover the hall for Halloween in a few days time.

I smile as a plan forms in my mind.

We sit ourselves down in our usual spot, I notice Blaise as he waits for Harper to sit down so he can sit next to me and not her.

We dig into our lunch, a mix of green salads and hot pie. I peer down the end of the table and spy Draco. He's not too far away, so he notices my stare and looks up. I give him my worst smirk. There's a bowl of sugar quills sitting in front of me. I grab a frosted pink one, and unwrap the cellophane before looking back up at Draco.

Once I've caught his attention, I raise my eyebrows as I swipe my tongue up the length of it, keeping my eyes locked on his. I watch as his eyebrows twitch up and his shoulders go tense. I continue to lick the quill, slowly and seductively, all the while keeping an eye on Blaise and Harper, the last thing I want is them noticing what I'm doing. From the corner of my eyes I can see them still eating, their heads down.

I pop the quill in my mouth, making sure to slowly move the hard candy up and down between my lips. Draco's hands grip his knife and fork harder, his lips now clamped in a fine line as his eyes stare sternly at me.

Before I can run my tongue across the tip of the quill, he mouths the word 'now' at me. His eyes on fire as he pushes up against the table.

I smile as I lick my lips, savouring the sweet taste of sour strawberry.

"'I'm going to go to the bathroom before class" I say to Harper before I immediately pick myself up from the table and follow as Malfoy makes his way out of the hall.