36: East Wind Is Coming

I was standing in front of this abandoned building while all of my friends were moving towards the college for a protest

The app spread like a wildfire, everyone in the campus had it on their phones. Moreover, people from outside the town were coming to Eastville to join the protest.

The #Eastwindiscoming was trending on social media, along with #Eastville #Eastwood #Authority and what not.

The authority was trying to calm the students down by addressing them directly now. They even came to the protest, Chancellor Davis, Mr. Dane and the proctors but it was of no use. They said they would consider the demands of the students if the students would return to their classes and continue with their studies, but by now the students knew how shallow these promises were and refused to leave the place.

The name of Eastwood which the authority was so desperately trying to keep virtuous has already been tarnished. The social activists were on their full power, leading the protest and they hardly needed any help from the F3 now.

There were still 5 days left, but the protest was on full throttle. The influencers had used the sound recording from the night of the F3's unmasking to help people understand the real motive behind the Eastwood's unfair divisions and why we need to do what we are doing.

There were many who rebelled and weren't a part of the protest, most of them being the Affluents. But it was okay, because we were doing just fine on our own.

This story is not about continuing The Legacy. It's about breaking it, disposing it and giving way to new life, to a new place.

But what was I doing in front of this abandoned building when our fight is on it's final stretch?

Let me start from the start.

I woke up and went to the bathroom for a nice long bath, ignoring my phone that had just beeped when I was about to leave my room with the toiletry bag in my hand.

After an hour I returned to my room and while lazily humming a song, plopped down on my bed with my phone, planning on scrolling through my Instagram.

Unknown: Miss me?

The message alone was enough to send me into a frenzy. My heart was agitated and was running thousands miles per hour. I hadn't received any message from this number for so long that I had forgotten completely about the time I used to receive such messages. But I knew the unknown number all too well to be mistaken.

The first thing that came to my mind was Derek. So, I picked up my phone and dialled his number. He would take care of this, I know he would.

Derek: Hello? Ashley?

Me: Derek? Where are you? Can you talk?

Derek: Actually I am in a car with Carson and Ridge. We are headed towards the uni, we're expecting something. Is it something important? Should I come to you?