Chapter 37: He Yan's Scheme

She hadn’t done anything. For Grandma Jian to say this to her was evidently because she had prejudice towards her.

He Yan knew that she wasn’t from a well off family like Wen Nuan. As a result, she was not as loved by her mother-in-law. However, her mother-in-law couldn’t say such hurtful words to her!

Grandma Jian attempted to explain, “Yiling has been worried and anxious about her exams recently. Maybe wait till she’s in a better mood before you play with her.”

He Yan continued to smile apologetically and replied, “Mother, I know. And in regards to your exams, don’t mind about it too much Yiling. You don’t have to worry about getting good grades and causing yourself too much stress. Getting good grades is not worth the stress. Our family can fund your expenses.”

He Yan always used these words to instill into Jian Yiling that she didn’t need to put effort into her life.

He Yan had told Jian Yiling numerous times that she could rely on her grandparents and parents. Later on, she could rely on her husband and her brothers.

In the future, the fortunes that her grandparents would leave her would be enough to fund her throughout her lifetime.

Jian Yiling reached out and pulled Grandma Jian’s clothes before saying, “Hungry.”

As soon as Grandma Jian heard Jian Yiling say this, she urged the servants to bring up the dishes, “Hurry up, let’s have dinner. Yiling is hungry already.”

When Grandma Jian took Jian Yiling to the dining hall, He Yan’s expression darkened.

This brat. She had listened to her before? What was wrong with her today?

If she became a good child, this was not good news for her!

He Yan took the time before dinner to go to the bathroom to make a call.

The phone rang for a while before it was picked up. A middle-aged woman picked up from the opposite side.

He Yan asked, “Aunt Mo, what is happening? How did Jian Yiling become a totally different person?”

He Yan’s tone was full of accusation.

“Madam, I… I don’t know either. I’ve been taking care of the young master in the hospital these days. I haven’t had much time to interact with Miss Jian,” the voice from the other side of the phone replied cautiously.

“Then have you continued to tell Jian Yunnao that his entire life is going to be over?”

“I have. However, I’m incredibly worried and scared that he’s going to remember the details from that day. I’ve asked the doctor. When someone is emotional, their memories can become blurred. However, when they calm down, they can remember things again! If he remembers, he will know that I’ve been lying to him!”

Aunt Mo’s voice became weak. It was obvious that she was really scared.

He Yan comforted the middle-age woman, “Don’t panic. If he remembers, you can tell him that you saw the wrong thing. Anyhow, it’s been so long and he hasn’t remembered. It is likely that he won’t ever remember it. Furthermore, when they argued, they had body contact anyways. When he fell down the stairs, he would be incredibly dizzy. How would he know whether he slipped himself or whether his sister pushed him? Plus, you were the first person who appeared next to him when he fell. As long as you say that’s what you saw when you ran over, he wouldn’t think too deeply into it. He will only know that his dear sister was this cruel to him. The more you love someone, the more you will eventually hate them. Once it comes to those emotions, the brain won’t be able to differentiate them. Young people are always like this.”

The middle-aged women across the phone went silent.

After a while, the woman said, “Madam, I think let’s just leave this case alone. Jian Yiling has had her lesson already. Her parents are also very kind to me. They hadn’t even complained that I brought my daughter to live with me. They’ve also paid me a higher salary. I don’t want to hurt them anymore…”

He Yan’s temperament changed all of a sudden, “Aunt Mo, think clearly about this! Who let your daughter attend Shenghua High School? And who arranged for you to have such a generous paying job? Do you not want to do it anymore? If so, deal with your daughter’s university tuition in the future by yourself!”