THIRTY

"Of course, I'll listen."

"Okay so," Taehyung reaches over the table to take ahold of Jeongguk's hands, "since I've met you, you've brought nothing but joy and positivity in my life. You were always there for me, wether I was a total asshole or a ball of negativity. But you, you didn't mind, for you it didn't matter. You stood by my side when most people would have already left after all I've said to you. After how much I've hurt you. But you have the biggest heart. You saw right through me and my facade and slowly but surely you managed to get into my heart. I didn't notice it for a long time. God I was so dumb and oblivious." he lets out a chuckle. "But now I see it. So clearly. I can feel it. You have my heart Jeongguk. I fell in love with you a long time ago. It took a while to notice it but now, I'm sure. I love you, Jeon Jeongguk. With all my heart."

Jeongguk takes a shaky breath after the confession. He didn't expect this at all. Saying he's overwhelmed would be an understatement. It's like his dream came true.

He loves me. He loves me. Taehyung loves me.

It repeats like a mantra in his head. Jeongguk feels his eyes starting to water, causing him to blink harshly to hold back his tears.

"Taehyung I- I love you too." he manages to utter, the elder's face lightening up at the answer.

"I've loved you for so long but I never thought you would love me back. Oh god I'm so happy."

Taehyung also has tears in his eyes as he hears the younger's answer. He plants kisses on the back of the younger's hands, smiling so brightly.

"But there's one last thing. I'd love to ask you if you want to be my boyfriend but we have to talk about this first. You know that I'm not alone, I have Chansol. And if you would decide to be my boyfriend, it would mean that you would become his second parent. And I know that you're only twenty, you have so much in front of you. So it is completely okay if you say that you're not ready yet. I'd understand it."

Jeongguk shakes head softly. "I don't mind Taehyung, really. I love Chansol with all my heart, you and him you've become my family over the past weeks. I love you both so much. And it would be an honor to be Chansol's second parent."

"Then," Taehyung grins brightly. "Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

Jeongguk nods immediately. "Yes!"

As the table is rather small, they both can reach forward until their lips meet. Their first kiss as boyfriends is soft and loving and causes Jeongguk's heart to beat faster.

"I love you." Taehyung says as they pull apart. "I love you too." Jeongguk answers without hesitancy.

"Let's go home?" Jeongguk nods at the elder's request. Their dinner was so overwhelming, he can't help but feel tired now after all the excitement.

Taehyung pays for their food, Jeongguk tries to protest but the elder insists on paying for everything.

For the entire drive, Taehyung holds the younger's hand, even caressing it just like he did only hours ago during their drive to the restaurant. The only difference is that they are now boyfriends.

Boyfriends. Jeongguk can't believe it. He could spend the whole time with telling the elder how much he loves him, he wouldn't get tired of it.

A few minutes later, they reach their home. The two males walk inside and are greeted by Jimin and Yoongi immediately.

"Chansol is fast asleep. He was as nice as he always is."

"That's good. I'm glad that he didn't make you problems." Taehyung answers in relief.

"How was your dinner?" Yoongi asks as he looks at their intertwined fingers. "Had fun?"

Both Jeongguk and Taehyung smile immediately as they are reminded about their date. "We're together now!" Jeongguk explains.

Jimin gasps, his eyes widening in shock whereas Yoongi doesn't look very surprised. "I'm happy for you!" Yoongi says. "Yeah me too! You look great together!"

Jungkook smiles shyly. "Thank you." He moves closer to Taehyung, leaning against him.

"Yeah thank you." Taehyung also answers, putting an arm around his boyfriend's torso.

"Well then, we'll leave now. Enjoy the rest of the night!" Jimin speaks, waving at the two lovebirds.

"Thank you for taking care of Chansol." Jeongguk speaks, also waving. Taehyung brings his friends to the door, thanking him again.

As he comes back to the living room, Jeongguk yawns loudly. "Wanna go to bed?"

Jeongguk nods tiredly at Taehyung's question.

"Then come." the elder speaks in a soft tone. Jeongguk waddles over to Taehyung and they both make their way upstairs.

After changing separately, they meet up again in Taehyung's room. The elder's already lying in bed, holding up the blanket so that Jeongguk can crawl under it.

The younger immediately complies, snuggling against Taehyung. The elder strokes Jeongguk's hair, making the younger more sleepy.

"Thank you for today." Jeongguk whispers. "You can't imagine how happy you make me."

"I can say the same. You make me the happiest." Taehyung places a soft kiss onto the younger's hair. "I love you."

"I love you too. So much." Jeongguk whispers back.

And with a smile on both their faces, they drift into dreamland.