ch.26

My memories came back and I saw the girl in front of me. Sophie. Her eyes were blank with no expression and she was about to erase my memories again. "Foster," I warned her. "Don't do this." I gently said.

Sophie flinched when she heard her nickname Foster. "Do not call me Foster."

I sighed. "This isn't you," he gulped. "The real you wouldn't hurt me or try to. You just have to remember."

Sophie shook her head like she wasn't trying to believe this. "No, stop. Just stop."

"Look at me," I said gently. When Sophie finally did, her eyes were full of confusion, fear and pain. "You're not Krianta. You're not a villain. You are Sophie Foster. The Moonlark," I said. "You're the one I care for. The one who has always been at my side no matter what. That one person who hasn't gave up on me."

"Shut up." Sophie quietly said.

"Let's face it–you're my light in the dark. You're my only hope, Foster."

Tears streamed out of Sophie's eyes like an un-stopping waterfall. She dropped the potion which clattered to the floor, glasses broke and the serum pouring out of the vial.

Light returned to Sophie's warm brown eyes as she faintly said, "Keefe?"

I smiled enormously and shed a few tears myself too. "Foster," I said as Sophie hugged me, hiccuping and crying.

"I'm so sorry," she said, still buried in my shoulder. "I know you hate me and I don't blame you."

I shook my head and said, "No I don't, it wasn't you who did this."

"But I was weak,"

"You were strong."

Sophie cried some more. "I'm so sorry, Keefe." She faintly said.

I soothed her hair, hugging her tightly. "It's fine, Sophie. It really is."

"I'm so sorry,"

Footsteps were heard behind me and Sophie and I turned to that direction. The others were here, with stunned look on their faces. Tam was the one who spoke first. "Is–is she–"

"Sophie's back." I smiled.

Sophie sniffled and slowly went to stand next to them. "I'm sorry," she said as she hung her head. She reached to hug them but they flinched. I couldn't really blame them, though.

"I don't think we can trust you right now." Biana said cautiously.

Sophie was heartbroken as she bit her lip. Her hands went up to her eyelashes but soon came back to her side awkwardly. "I don't blame you guys," she said blinking fresh tears.

"Let's go." Tam urged.

"Go where?" Sophie asked.

Dex took out his tracker. "I pinged one the Neverseen members," he said. "That should help us finding them."

"Woah wait–" Sophie said. "Are you trying to fight the Neverseen?"

Marella nodded confidently.

Sophie rubbed her temples. "Okay, but we're outnumbered."

"That's fine because I made a bunch of robots," Dex said.

"And you've got us." A voice behind them said. I turned around and saw our parents–except mine, prepared.

"Mom, Dad," Sophie smiled.

Biana grinned. "Let's go and fight the Neverseen," she said. "And let's win."