𝟬𝟮. the coronation

BALANCE | CHAPTER TWO

    𝐓ime. It can take so much from us, and yet nothing at the same time. Three years ago, when Cloud bid Korra goodbye before she could leave━she promised her that she was always one call away and that her friend shouldn't hesitate. Yet, she didn't receive one, and she never tried to call her either. Perhaps, it was the doubt in her mind, those stupid doubts that always pulls her back from doing something she wants to do in the first place.

    Perhaps, Cloud thought Korra deserved space, she thought she wanted space. She gave her that, sure, but it only weakened their relationship, like an abandoned ship drifting into the vastness of the sea with no direction. But Cloud knew better than let a precious friendship to be sent away by the open wind.

    Even though she couldn't see the abandoned ship anymore, she still tried to find it. She dove into the metaphorical sea, basking in the coldness, ignoring the heaviness of her soaked clothes weighing her down and the doubts pricking the corners of her mind. She tried to find the abandoned ship where their friendship was at its best strength, and she did it.

     Cloud found the ship, therefore, claiming it once more. She went with Tenzin when he visited Korra at the Southern Water Tribe, and she reconciled her friendship with the girl who saved the world, who sacrificed parts of herself for the greater good.

    When she saw her with that same big daunting smile on her face, Cloud thought she was fine. Korra was fine, but it didn't last long. No matter how fine someone look on the outside, what matters is the thing on the inside. What's the point of a strong body if you're mind isn't strong enough to hold yourself up?

   But Cloud didn't know that at first when she saw her. She only realized it when she was gone and left her home. She only realized it when she was alone in her bed at one night, questioning her life, and why is she even alive? Because someone needs me. She had thought, but then the doubts began to infect her mind once again. Do they really?

     Although before it got worse, the door of her room slid open, revealing someone that made her heart leaped in delight━the previous thoughts in her mind getting washed away like dust on the floor with a brief flick of a broom. Her family was the light of her darkness. They're the one who makes her forget about the constant paranoia and weariness in her mind. They are the anchor that keeps her together when she couldn't bare to.

    That's it. She's not Korra. She will never be her, and Korra will never be Cloud. That's the difference about them. She could get sad, anxious, doubtful, but there's always someone who has her back, and she lets them in because she had no reason not to. Cloud was bubbly, carefree, and bright. She was the mellow tune lulling babies into sleep while they are being swayed in the arms of their loving parents.

    Meanwhile, Korra was serious, rebellious, and hard. She was the harsh storm in the middle of a sea. She grew up differently, and while she had all the glory in the world, all the power she could imagine━it doesn't always make everything better. In short; just because she's the Avatar, doesn't meant she's immortal or untouchable. Korra was just as fragile as everyone even though she might now show it.