XI. | ELEVEN

☆ no warnings !

— THE COMMISSION ;

"I must admit Number Five," the Handler began.

The three stalked down a pathway leading to the commission building. Based off the build of the cars and clothing people wore, Eight assumed the time period they were in had changed to the 50's or 60's. Y/n kept herself invisible as she walked, her hands behind her back as she only just avoided bumping into peoples shoulders.

"In all my time that I've been here, I've never met anyone quite like you. Hazel and Cha-cha, for example, are certainly talented but they can't see the big picture. Your spunk, your enterprising spirit," She went to wrap an arm around him, "Well, it reminds me a bit of myself, if I may be so vainglorious."

"If things work out for you here, you could potentially make a fine successor, Five." She continued.

"I'd like to discuss the logistics of my family's safety at your earliest convenience." Five sighed, getting straight to the point. He glanced over his shoulder to see any sign of Y/n. She tapped his shoulder to let him know she was there.

"Slow down, Five. It'll happen with time." she replied, walking up a flight of stairs. "In fact now that you've agreed to work with us, we have all the time in the world."

Once reaching the top of the staircase, Y/n looked down both ends of the hallway. Five followed the Handler to the left, so she went to the right to try and find anything on the apocalypse. She went to room after room, checking what she could. In empty rooms, she'd take a break from being unseen, before slipping into the restroom to rest for about ten minutes.

She noticed a closet with a locked door at the end of the hallway, the lock swinging tauntingly. Eight shrugged and stalked over to it, the owner of the keys walked by her on her way. She snatched the clinking keys from their back pocket and watched as her invisibility bled into the object.

Y/n looked down the now vacant hallway and unlocked the door, shutting it quietly after her. She palmed around the wall for the light switched, clicking it on when her fingertips found it. There was a box filled with files straight ahead of her. Etched in sharpie was 'the 43' on the front of the box. Eight quirked a brow, noticing none of the other boxes were labeled. As much as it piqued her interest, she left the hallway closet and dropped the keys by the floor.

The next room she walked into was filled with a bunch of tubes labeled with numbers. Five entered just as she was about to leave. The two bumped shoulders and he realized quickly.

"Where did you go?" he asked in a whisper while scanning the numbers of each tube.

"To look for stuff on the apocalypse. That's why I came here." She reminded him, checking the doorway lest anyone walk in.

"A warning would've been nice." he muttered, finding the right tube.

"Did you miss me or something?" she teased and he swatted the air subtlety next to him. He clicked his tongue, annoyed that he missed.

"I'm afraid that's not procedure." the Handler said, sneaking up behind the two. If she noticed anything, she didn't comment on it.

So, Eight saved herself the boring lecture and useless information. She went to the room Five had come from and looked around at what everyone was typing. A few minutes later, the Handler walked in the room with Five.

"I'm sure you've all heard that Mr. Five has proven to be as adept with a pen as he was with a sword," she spoke, "Let his effort serve as an inspiration to you all. Herb, how long have you been on the lusitania?" She asked one of the workers.