25

Over the course of the next few weeks, Blake became heavily invested in this fight night, even heading towards the gym that Sebastian trained at to 'motivate' him.

Whilst it was only Sebastian's reputation at stake, Blake felt like his everything was.

He couldn't let the opportunity to go on a date with Nicole slip through his fingers, because Sebastian couldn't throw a few good punches.

There was no way that Sebastian could lose, because Blake couldn't afford to lose.

Fight Night had become way too important now.

The days leading up to Fight Night, Blake had also sent Nicole messages, since he couldn't let her forget about the bet either.

Meanwhile, Nicole responded to each of those messages with a flirty one.

She knew she shouldn't, especially after that talk that she had with Chloe, about letting Blake know not to pursue her, but it felt like she couldn't help it with him.

As much as he could annoy her, Blake was undoubtedly fun to be around too. So, being a little selfish, she just let whatever it was between them carry on.

The way she saw it, she'd never actually give into going on a date with him, and at some point, Nicole was sure Blake would get bored of chasing and find someone else. She thought she just had to wait it out until that happened, and then everything could be normal.

She just didn't know how long that would be.

***

The night of the charity boxing match had finally arrived and Nicole was practically bouncing on her feet, looking forward to this night, more than anyone else.

"You seem excited," Chloe commented, noticing the gleeful expression on Nicole's face through the rear-view mirror of the car.

She nodded in return. "I am."

"I had no clue you liked boxing," Mason then said in surprise, whilst keeping his eyes on the road. From what he knew about Nicole, any kind of sport wasn't really her thing.

"I don't," Nicole replied.

"Then?" Mason asked her, confused.

A cheerful smile came across Nicole's face. "The idea of Sebastian being punched in the face, it just appeals to me," she said.

Whilst she knew this was just a friendly boxing match and nothing serious, it would still mean that whoever Sebastian was fighting against, would have to land a few punches on him and the idea of it, just caused Nicole to be a little happy.

"Don't mention that in front of Mia, she'd probably stressed as it is," Chloe then said sternly.

Ever since the Fight Night idea had been created, Chloe knew that Mia didn't really like it. She'd been worrying for ages, now on the night of, Mia would be super stressed.

Nicole pouted. "Oh, but it's so fun to annoy her when she's stressed."

"Don't," Chloe warned.

Nicole crossed her arms across her chest. "Fine," she mumbled.

A confused Mason then spoke up once again. "I thought you're okay with Sebastian? I mean, he's married to Mia now," he said, wondering if there was still tension between them.

"Oh, I'm fine with him. No hate. I just like seeing him suffer a little," Nicole replied casually.

"Remind me never to get on your bad side," Mason chuckled, but also meaning the words.