27

A couple of days after the fashion show, Nicole and her team were out celebrating.

They'd decided to not going on that night, since everyone was so utterly exhausted from everything, and Nicole wanted to ice her ankle, but a couple of nights later, they were all out.

It was still the weekend and so no one was too bothered on the amount of drinks they had, since they wouldn't have to show up to work the next morning.

Nicole, especially, was not concerned about her alcohol intake tonight.

Her emotions were all muddled up, she needed a drink, or two, or five, to sort through them...as if that was a good idea.

There was the happy side of her, so content with how the night ran somewhat smoothly, and apart from her being unable to walk, nothing really went wrong.

Her boss was happy with her, the sponsors were happy too, everyone was in a good mood.

But then Nicole couldn't help but think without Blake, this night probably would not have ended up like it did.

He practically did all the leg work for her, going so far to carry her around when she couldn't see something and when it hurt to stand or move about. He'd been her saviour, and that was something Nicole wasn't sure how to feel about.

She never wanted to be the 'saved' type, but rather the one to do the 'saving'. With all the talk she did about Blake's ego, Nicole knew that it was her ego and pride that was hurt, especially owing him another favour on top of the one she already did.

The way he looked at her, she'd seen that look before, only it would be on Sebastian's face, when he looked at Mia, Roman's, when he looked at Diana, or Mason's, when he looked at Chloe.

But that couldn't be the same look, or at least that's what Nicole tried to tell herself.

Everything was all muddled and jumbled, Nicole just kept drinking to think about it more clearly, or forget about it, she couldn't remember anymore.

The more she thought about it, the more she drank. One drink, two drink, three drink, four drink, five.

It was lost on her how many she'd had after a while, especially since Chloe and Mia were there to keep an eye on her as usual. She had her co-workers, but they were as drunk as she was.

Nicole didn't really know how she ended up being outside, but the next thing she knew, she was on her phone and tapping the screen, until a familiar voice spoke up.

Blake was sat in his room, trying to figure out what kind of flooring he wanted to have in his new house, when suddenly his phone began to ring.

When he picked up his phone, he assumed it'd be one of the boys, but when he looked at the screen, he was shocked, and wasted no time to answer it.

"Nicole?"

She looked around herself, wondering where the voice was coming from, and then glanced towards her phone, after which a happy expression developed on her face.

"Hi, Blake," Nicole greeted him cheerfully.

"What are you doing in my phone?" She then asked, frowning at how his whole body could get into his little phone.

When he answered the phone, Blake assumed Nicole would be at home or something, not on a random street.

However, when she asked him how he got into her phone, he quickly realised that she must've had a little too much to drink.

"You called me," Blake told her.

"I did?" Nicole tilted her head in confusion, not remembering when she made the call to him.