16

Cindy slept amazingly that night. She felt like she had very little stress on her, and was able to rest much more soundly.

She also dreamed during the night. And to her enjoyment, it was a mermaid dream. She'd had a few at times she was really yearning to get her mermaid tail.

Because the details of dreams were hazy, she couldn't pick out much, but she could tell that she was indeed a mermaid in her dream.

But it was really weird, she wasn't underwater, but it was like she was swimming through their house, but maybe it was like their house was underwater... she wasn't sure. Dumb dream logic.

One detail stuck out to her though - her sister Sammy was a mermaid too, and while she couldn't remember specifics, she remembered laughing and having fun in the dream with her mermaid sister.

Waking up the next morning, she took that as a comforting sign. She wasn't alone. Cindy had a partner in crime, a fellow agent on her secret mission.

Cindy was awake, but she stayed laying in bed. She cradled her head in hands, against her pillow.

She reflected on the amazing discoveries she had made the night before, and her mind, unrestricted from Danny's mental blocks of fear, felt free to run wild and explore. She could feel the fabric of her panties against her soft pajamas. Long before all this, she'd never been able to sleep without pajamas, not like Jason.

Cindy sat up in her bed, and started looking at stuff online. Specifically, she wanted to know. She wanted to learn what it meant to be transgender.

In the past, she'd questioned a few times what it would be like if she was, but she'd been too afraid of looking things up. But now, freed of Danny's fears, Cindy found countless things that she should have known years ago.

She personally felt that she had indeed been feeling gender dysphoria. At first glance to her, it may have actually been dysphoria in the other direction, that Danny felt that his breasts didn't align with his identity as a boy.

Perhaps that had been true for him. But for Cindy now, she realized that she'd also had a lingering feeling that she just didn't like being in-between. She wanted to be one or the other. Judging by that criteria, she began feeling like she was probably not gender fluid or otherwise non-binary.

She'd also had feminine inclinations long before her breasts developed. The way Cindy had felt when she'd come home from Lucy's house also sounded like dysphoria. It was a feeling that she could no longer be herself.

As she was researching, she came across an article about a very interesting topic... mermaids. As she read, a smile grew on her face, and by the time she was done, she felt very warm inside.

Turned out, a lot of trans people liked mermaids and mermen. Something about them, and their dual nature struck a chord.

To Cindy, she thought about her childhood wishes to be Melody, to transform into a mermaid just like her. She'd wanted to transform. She'd wanted to become her true self.

Feeling like satisfying a desire for nostalgia, she looked up the song from the movie "For a Moment" on YouTube. Watching it made her feel both nostalgic, giddy, and just warm and fuzzy inside.

Melody sang about how much she loved being a mermaid. And several times, Cindy whispered, singing along with her.

"For a moment, for a moment, here I am," Cindy sang along. Except for her, she didn't want it to be for just a moment. She wanted to have this feeling in her, and never wanted it to leave.

Cindy got out of bed, and indulged her feminine desires. She put one of her bras on, and then tried to brush her hair in the mirror, and style it the way that Sammy had the night before.