Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Bella's POV:-

A waitress passed by with a tray full of wine. I picked up a glass and finished it in a gulp before staring at the person in front of me. I needed all the strength I could major right now.

Nina was holding a plate in her hand and probably feeding her kids, but as our eyes met, she put the plate on a table nearby and made her kids sit and eat themselves. She turned around to look at me again, inhaling a deep breath and letting go as she walked towards me.

"Hey" I greeted smiling uneasily as she came closer.

"Hey" she said, looking equally uncomfortable.

"You look beautiful" I said seeing her in a silk blue evening dress. She may have gained a bit weight now, but the dress hung to her curves perfectly.

"Thanks" She uneasily straightened her dress, "You too"

I smiled at her. Silence again crowded over us as we both felt like strangers towards eachother. But then, she spoke up,

"So, congratulations"

"Thanks" I muttered.

"After all this time, it's still him" Nina smiled at me.

"I guess so. It's still him" I said uncomfortably.

"So, I am a mother now, can you believe it?" She laughed, making me laugh as well. Fianlly!

"Yes, congrats, Nina, they are beautiful" I said.

"Did you meet them yet? You know, you should come by our house and visit them sometimes" Nina said out of the blue.

"I should?" I asked, not believing.

"Yeah" she shrugged, "We live in the same city. I mean, visit if you are not that busy. After all, you are their godmother"

"Nina" I walked closer, my throat shaking with the emotions, "Why did you make me their godmother? You hate me so much..."

"Bella..." She came one step closer, "I never said I hated you... I know I was harsh on you, and when he died, I said terrible things to you, but I never hated you..."

"You did, you still do.. Else, you would have talked to me when you were pregnant or.. you didn't even invite me to the wedding" Tears dropped from my eyes as I spoke.

"I did call you to my wedding.." Nina's eyes were watery too.

"No, Jake invited me"

"Yes, because I told Jake to call you. I wanted to end our stupid fight and patch up.. But you didn't show up and I thought you were still angry. I came here fearing you may throw me out any sec..." Nina's voice choked.

"Throw you out?" I chuckled within my sob, "Are you mad? Why would I be even mad at you? You were the one avoiding, not me.. Nina, you are always going to be my best friend..."

"Girls... really" We turned around to see Jake nodding his head with a pitiful face.

"Hug and make up already" Caleb's voice turned us towards him as we saw him standing to the opposite side, looking at us and smirking. Jake started laughing too..

Me and Nina looked at eachother and started laughing as well. Finally I grabbed her hand to say sorry when she pulled me into a tight bear hug. We swung to and fro as we hugged each other before parting away.

Jake and Nina, then took us to where their kids were sitting and we met James and Joshua, the two beautiful angels. They were so little and yet so adorable that I felt proud to be their godmother. It was wonderful to finally talk to Nina. Now, I could talk to her whenever I wanted. I got my bestfriend back.