A Wrong Diagnosis Leads to Unfortunate Accidents

Midnight sat in silence with Izuku crying his eyes out into her shoulder at home. They just got back from him being diagnosed as quirkless. Apparently the x-ray was a bit blurry, but the doctor concluded from the burry screen that he will be quirkless. Izuku has been sad ever since, so she called up some friends to help him cheer up.

The door bell rings and Nemuri goes to answer it, gently coaxing Izuku to lay back down. She opens to door to Hizashi and Aizawa in their normal clothes.

"Is the little listener okay?" Hizashi questioned in a worried quiver to his voice.

"Those doctors don't really know how to do their jobs correctly. I never liked them. Where is he?" Aizawa asked politely but with a tense tone.

"He has been crying ever since the appointment. I think he is really disappointed that he was told he couldn't be a hero by that doctor. He hasn't talked since we left even when we got home. He is in his room, right now. Hopefully he will cheer up with you guys here." Nemuri responded guiding them to Izuku's room

Izuku's room was right across from her own bedroom. His ceiling adorned with glow-in-the-dark stars. He had basic light wood furniture like a writing desk, a clothing dresser, and bookshelves that filled the wall next to his bed. His bed was a simple light red comforter covering a dark blue sheet. There Izuku was crying his eyes out into a teddy bear that she gifted him a few weeks after she adopted him. The giant elephant plush from the zoo visit laid above his head of curls.

"Hey, buddy. We heard about what happened. You can talk to us if you need to." Hizashi said resting his hand on Izuku's back. He rubbed it as Izuku sniffled back his tears.

"Listen, kid, I'm not good with words. But I just want you to know what that doctor said was complete crap." Aizawa piped up next to Izuku's side. He heard a giggle from the child amongst the tearful gasps. "It's true. You know, how my quirk works right?" Aizawa asked gaining a slow nod from the sad boy.

Aizawa continued, "My quirk isn't flashy and it doesn't really help with combat. That means I fight my battles mostly quirkless. So does Hizashi. His quirk is meant for long distance, but when he encounters a villain short distance, he will resort to martial arts. Do you see where I'm getting at?"

Izuku looked a bit confused with his tear filled eyes turned to look at him from where he laid.

"It means that you can be a hero. No matter if you have a quirk or not, you can become a hero. You might need a little training, and the three of us are all ready to help you achieve it." Aizawa explained.

Izuku smiled despite his red face and said. "Thank you, Uncle Zawa."

Aizawa cheeks reddened before Nemuri and Hizashi dived bomb Izuku into a hug, forcing him to fall into it. Izuku's giggles were accompanied by attempts to make him smile, no matter what they talked about. But the end of the day, Izuku was back to his usual self again.

And he knew that he would become a hero. So he could save people just like his momma.

*

Bakugo was kind of happy for Deku.

He was worried that he wouldn't get to see him again when he went to the foster home, but he got adopted by a pro hero that helped apprehend the villain. He felt bad that not only did he lose his awesome Auntie, but also Izuku lost his mom in that attack. So seeing him again, made him want to be a bit nicer.

If he wanted to be a hero, he would have to stop acting like a villain. A type of villain that killed his mother, he never wanted to become like that. So when a Izuku came back to the daycare, Bakugo made sure that Izuku was okay and stuff. It had only been less than a year since the accident. And Bakugo was excited to see what quirk Izuku had. That way they could be heroes together!