38.

Festival of Lights: Last Day.
HALWRIGHT.

"They had an agreement?" Tate questioned the others who sat in the council hall, they were discussing of the success to hold the rest of the festival since Monday without a confrontation or fight breaking out.

"Yes, The headmaster had an agreement with their headmistress to have peace during the festival, since they were the ones provoking us, we didn't need to sign the binding contract but they did, therefore it resulted in peace." Theo explained sitting comfortably in his seat, everyone else seemed content with how everything had gone at school.

"Has anyone heard from Connor, he hasn't been seen in the school since Monday and his faction is on the verge of chaos without someone leading it." The dragon who had spoken hoped someone would know but it seemed no one knew. "Ben, Kyra can you find him?" He prodded and the two witches nod.

"We can but just not now, we have the final event tonight and it's bye to Vastorway Academy for a while." The dragon nods in understanding before anyone could speak Vision appeared in the room. "What the fuck is that thing!" Tate yelled as he was the only person out of all the faction leaders who hadn't seen a neo beast.

"Vision what is it?" Devin asked the neo beast but he did not respond, instead the neo beast merged with Ben and showed him everything. "Oh, Goddess." Ben mumbled as Hayes's grip on the table hardened.

"We need to find Connor and Corey right now, if they get to where they're going it's going to be bad." Ben spoke up and everyone was curious to know what he had seen and why Vision hadn't returned to his normal form.

"Ben what did you see?" Kyra questioned but Ben shook his head. "Not now, but I will show you later, I will tell you all of you." Ben argued and everyone left the matter. Kyra stood up and walked toward Ben. "We need to find those two." Ben whispered as they connected hands.

"Xasvis mecanon espho trium et etenra." Kyra and Ben chanted as the lights in the room began to flicker on and off, gauntlets shined on Kyra's hands and instead of a golden glow from where Ben siphoned, it began turning black.

Everyone was shocked to see the two needed so much power to locate an incubus and a witch, therefore they stayed silent until the wind which was blowing in the room began to die down, golden flames erupted from Ben and spiraled around him and Kyra.

Thunder rumbled outside as lightning sparked all over Kyra, everyone knew this was no longer a locator spell, a much larger issue was at play and the two had just gone to the centre of it.

"Paige can you go in and see what's going on?" Alarion asked the siren. "I can't, the two of them combined are too strong, I already couldn't go inside Kyra's mind before or Ben, we just have to wait." The moment Paige finished the lightning stopped, and the fire vanished.

Before the room lit up again everyone could see two glowing pairs of cat eyes, one blue the other gold. The lights turned on and Kyra immediately turned to face the rest of his friends. "Theo, Lucian, and Devin let's go." The three did not question the witch only followed his words.

"Will you tell us what's going on?!" Tate impatiently yelled. "He can't." The angel replied, he knew Ben couldn't risk telling them, it was a different vision from the ones he usually saw. "Oh." Robin mumbled knowing that Ben couldn't say as yet, he remembered the time Ben told him the power of his visions if he were to merge with the beast of foresight.

"I will tell you when Kyra and the others get back, for now, have your guard up, report to the students of Halwright not to leave campus, and always have someone with them at all times, it is imperative we make sure the school is safe." Ben explained and they nod.

"As for what comes next week, I'm sure all of us know." Robin the vampire was the one who asserted. "Yeah I'm not looking forward to that." Paige was the one who spoke first. "Who would." Carter adds and everyone sighed.

"Parents week shouldn't put you all down like this, your parents enrolled you here for a purpose, and that is to better yourselves." Mrs. Deor spoke as she walked into the room. "They abandoned us here in hopes that we would eventually die, if not after we graduate they would just toss us aside like trash." Hayes had finally spoken and everyone agreed with the demon.

"My mother has never come here to see me, nor any other family I had." Alarion exclaimed and Ben felt sorry for the angel, his brother was causing chaos and his mother had abandoned him, he had no one except the people in the school and his mate.

"I'm sorry to hear that." The seven mystics in the council room chuckled. "Don't be sorry woman, we are used to it." Hayes responded and she smiled toward the demon. "At least you have each other and I'm sure that counts." Mrs. Deor prodded.

"Yes I guess so." Robin replied with a smile knowing it was true, he might be the future king but the people he could trust were in that room with him.

~~~

"We would like to officially say, this is is the end of the festival of lights, thank you for celebrating with us and we hope all students from both schools enjoyed it. We are grateful to Halwright as a school for opening your doors to us yet again, as for the rest of the joint events of the year they will be held by Vastorway Academy from now, enjoy the display as after those of Vastorway leave!" The headmistress of Vastorway Academy announced on the main stage.

As the fireworks display began, Ben laid his head on Hayes's chest, the comfort and safety he brought made him feel secure and loved, he would never want another except Hayes.

Mael made his way toward the couple with a smile on his face, he knew to win this fight for Ben, he had to act it all out and so as he walked toward them with a fake smile and a jovial step, Hayes knew something was wrong.

"What do you want?" The demon asked in annoyance. "Only to thank you for your hospitality Hayes, Halwright has truly been kind to us this past week." The angel smiled as he extended his hand, Hayes shook his hand and when Mael tried to use his power to control him, the angel was burnt.

Hayes smirked looking at the burnt hand of the angel. "I'm not that easy Mael, leave us alone." Hayes spat before walking away with his mate, Mael was furious as Ben and the demon had yet again found a way to reflect his control.

"Mael lets go." Niam Varco called and the angel turned to face the witch. "Of course let's go." The two were later joined by their council members as they made their way from the show grounds and Halwright Campus.

~~

Kyra and Devin held up their hands creating an orb of light above them. "Just when you need Ben to create a mini sun, he isn't there." Kyra exclaimed making everyone laugh.

"We have searched the entirety of the catacombs Kyra, it's safe to assume they found the map and took it." Theo argued as he floated in mid-air, they had all searched the catacombs for any sign of the map written in stone hidden in the catacombs of the old school but they did not find it except the crypt of Kay Dragimier which had been untouched.

"Let's go report to Ben, if they have the map we're in deep trouble." Lucian announced as they all gathered in a circle, the four mystics held hands and in one swift motion, they were gone from beneath the ruins.

+++

Follow - Vote - Share

LMJ