C H A P T E R 31

Lily's POV

Tonight I was flying to Milan with Anne because I had a fashion show I was taking part in in Italy. We were packed and ready to go Ben my driver had packed our bags into the car.

Adonis was in his office and I was going to say goodbye but I could hear him shouting at someone. I stood by the door and he shouted ,'Fucking Josie followed Rose today, do you understand the fuck what I'm saying?'

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach at what I just heard. I opened the door and his eyes met mine in shock. He ended the call and started walking towards me and I said ,'What did you just say?'

His face turned emotionless and he said ,'Josie was found following you this morning when you went out for breakfast.'

I narrowed my eyes at him and said ,'And was I going to be told?'

He took a seat on his office chair and said ,'No, because it was handled.'

I gaped at him in shock and said ,'How long has this been going on?'

He replied still with a straight face and said ,'She had been being a nuisance towards me so I got restraining orders for the three of us and got more security.'

I closed my eyes in attempt to calm down and I did on the outside but on the inside I was just bubbling over in anger and said ,'Okay Adonis, I'm going to level with you. Something was going on with that apparently psycho ex of yours and you decided not to tell me correct?'

He was about to argue and I objected and said ,'I'm going to need a yes or no answer only.'

He sighed and said ,'That is correct.'

I nodded then said ,'She was bothering you you decided not to tell me then she became a threat towards me and you still decided not to tell me?'

I took a deep breathe and continued ,'For whatever twisted reason you thought it was okay to keep this a secret I will never know. From what I've seen about your character you were never going to tell me right? '

He got up and came round to stand in front of me and calmly said ,'I was going to tell you.'

I scoffed and said ,'Really, when? Would it be when I was in hospital because maybe she got past your security and managed to hurt me somehow.'

He whispered ,'I would never let that happen.'

I sighed and I said ,'First you take me to her wedding and don't think to give me a heads up about her, drink yourself silly because of her. You withheld that information from me not regarding the fact that maybe I should know about this then you do it again. You are being bothered and I am in danger and you decide to withhold that information from me again. It's just scary to me that when something important is happening I can't count on you telling me even when it's concerning me. Who knows what I don't know who knows because maybe I just haven't caught you.'

I took another deep breathe and in a low voice said ,'I can't marry you not when you don't trust me.'

He stopped me and said ,'Rose, I do trust you more than anyone.'

I looked into his eyes and whispered ,'Then how come you didn't tell me? Forget the first time, just this time.'

When he didn't reply I said ,'I can't marry you Adonis because I can never see myself living like this where I'm not sure what might come out next.'

I picked up my handbag that I had dropped when I came into his office the same time. I looked at him with a blank face and said, 'Anneliese and I are leaving now.'