Chapter 19

Candidate #10
Name: Mew
Age: 29
Occupation: Engineer

Sitting in the corner of a live music lounge, Krist looks at the profile of candidate #10 and then at the man himself. The picture on the profile did not do the man justice at all. This guy Mew is way more handsome in person than his picture and his picture is actually quite hot already. It's no wonder Fiat was so quick to pick this guy, so quick that Krist didn't even get a chance to stop it. So here he is, once again stalking Singto's date. Except that this time he has full intentions of intervening. This Mew is a serious threat. He's not only handsome, but he's also freaking tall and looks good in that damn suit of his.

On top of that, the guy is early for his date. Krist checks his watch and there are still about thirty minutes on the clock before Singto will arrive. What should Krist do? Should he really spike the guy's drink? Krist really didn't want to resort to this, but what choices does he have? If only Fiat hadn't been so fast in selecting the next candidate. Krist digs inside his pocket for the little pack of mega-fast laxative powder he picked up at the pharmacy. He has no idea how he's going to do it but he will have to find an opportunity to put it in Mew's drink or something like that before Singto arrives. He wants Mew to cancel their date.

"Hey, there."

"Huh?" Krist looks up to see who's interrupting his plotting only to find his target standing dashingly in front of him.

"I don't mean to disturb you but I noticed you've been looking my way," Mew smirks. He likes what he sees. His date Singto is handsome but this hotcake here is gorgeous, there's nothing wrong with getting a backup.

"Uh, I wasn't looking at you. I....I was....just uh...looking at....the artwork on the wall. I'm...."

"There's no need to be shy. It's okay. I don't bite. Do you mind if I sit down? My friend is running late." Mew smiles with all his charm.

Liar. Krist is not some new kid on the block, he knows Mew is hitting on him, and under a different circumstance, he might even really be interested. After all, the man is freaking hot and a night out with him could be fun. However, this also shows this guy is a sleazeball asshole because he's supposed to be waiting for Singto, not picking up other guys. Maybe this is the perfect opportunity to spike his drink and he won't even feel that bad about it now.

"Uh, sure. I don't mind." Krist smiles and takes a sip of his drink. "Uhm, would you like something to drink? My treat."

"Sure. I'll have what you're having." Mew sits down across from Krist. "Mew is the name, by the way."

"I'm Kit," Krist says and waves his hand to catch his server's attention and then points to his drink to let the server know he wants another one.

"Nice to meet you, Kit. So, are you here alone?" Mew asks, seeing Krist's drink is pretty fresh so he probably hasn't been here very long. He's glad he came straight after his meeting otherwise he would have missed this beauty right here.

"I'm by myself. I just wanted to unwind after a long day. That's all." Krist can see the bartender start making Mew's drink, he needs to get to that drink before it's served to Mew.

"Taking a break and relaxing is very important, especially if you've had a stressful day...."

Krist pretends to be listening to Mew while he tries to figure out how to get to Mew's drink. Then he sees the bartender try to get the attention of the server to let her know the drink is ready.

"Excuse me, I have to make a quick call. I will be right back." Krist gets up with his phone in his ear and walks toward the bar.

"Uh, sure. I'll be here." Mew smiles charmingly.