valerian scars

Joanna found herself seated at the high table next to Robb and Maester Luwin. Catelyn had left Winterfell and no matter how many times she'd ask Robb he simply said he couldn't answer. Joanna didn't know what was happening but she felt within her bones that something bad was going to happen. Something she felt she couldn't prepare herself for even if she wanted to.

Word of Tyrion Lannisters arrival had travelled fast and Joanna was more than excited to be reunited with one of her family members. Since they left she'd had no contact with any of them. Not even her mother. She knew it was her duty to fulfil her role as the future Lady Stark but would it come at the expense of her family.

"I must say I received a slightly warmer welcome on my last visit." Tyrion noted with a tone of sarcasm which felt al the well like home to Joanna.

"Any man of the Night's Watch is welcome at Winterfell." Robb sternly replied to the dwarf dressed in black cloak before him. "

"Any man of the Night's Watch but not I, eh boy?" Tyrion mocking countered the young man.

"I'm not your boy Lannister." Robb replied with a deep set of irritation and frustration escaped his mouth. Joanna reached her hand and firmly gripped his knee looking back at him. There was no secret that there was smoke emanating between House Stark and House Lannister. But Joanna wanted no part of it.

"I'm Lord of Winterfell while my father is away."

"Then you might need to learn a Lord's courtesy." The door creaked open to reveal Hodor, a simple minded though very caring servant to the Starks. Hodor was kind to Joanna, especially if she helped feed the horses in the stables. Hodor was gigantic, almost the size of Ser Gregor Clegane but the two could not have been more opposite to one another. Joanna nodded her head to the gentle giant as he walked in with Bran carried in his arms.

"So it's true. Hello Bran, do you remember anything about what happened?" Tyrion carefully asked the crippled boy.

"He has no memory of that day." Maester Luwin informed him.

"Why are you here?" Robb asked, with Joanna's attempts at calming him down failing miserably. Joanna slightly lifted her hand but she was surprised when she felt his fingers lacing with hers.

"Would your charming companion be so kind as to kneel? My neck is beginning to hurt?" Tyrion kindly asked choosing to ignore the frustrations of the now new Lord of Winterfell. Though he did take notice of the minimum of actions from his niece was able to prevent the Stark boy's temper cloud his judgement.

"Kneel Hodor." Bran commanded. Hodor nodded his head as he bent down to position himself one knee giving Bran the opportunity to look Tyrion face to face.

"Do you like to ride, Bran?"

"Yes." He quickly replied

"Well, I mean I did like to." He emphasised reminding the entire room once again that he would no longer be able to and at such a young.

"Bran has lost the use of his legs Uncle Tyrion." Joanna informed him as she smiled weakly to Bran's direction.

"What of it, my darling niece? With the right horse and saddle even a cripple can ride."

"I'm not a cripple." Bran immediately defended himself

"The I'm not a dwarf!" Tyrion exclaimed

"My father will rejoice to hear it."

Joanna held her hand in front of her mouth trying not to fall for her uncle's amusement. Tyrion winked at his niece's antics knowing well enough that none of Cersei's children were ever able to hold their laughter in. Tyrion turned to Bran as he handed the young boy a scroll.