TWENTY| -. . .--

Both you and Jimin searched thoroughly for the rest of the night, but regardless of your efforts  100 was no where to be found. 

He had practically disappeared, and you panicked in realizing this fact. You hoped Jimin believed you even though you had no proof of your interaction with the child, and you portrayed your worry to him with fear for 100's well being dancing in your mind.

His hands had been cut. He looked hungry. 

But now that he was gone, you couldn't help him. 

Unfortunately there was nothing more to be done about the situation, and even though Jimin assured you that the two of you would keep searching in the next days to come, you didn't feel good about the statement and held a sort of nausea in the pit of your stomach that arose with worry. You had to go to bed with this feeling and kept it building up inside you as more days passed.

Every second now felt like the ticking of a time bomb, and unease danced in your heart as stress attempted to crawl it's way through your tired body.

Fighting the feeling of death had always been hard, but possible. Now more than ever it was becoming difficult to find that small sliver of positivity that kept you going. 

With Jimin by your side, you began using spare time that wasn't dance practice to look for 100 but continued to be unsuccessful in attempts. The choices of the final show kept you up at night and even tried to invade your mind when you were supposed to be laughing and enjoying Jimin's company. 19's departure was growing closer and was now more evident than ever.

The deadline was so prominent in fact that the Between seemed to be mocking you, and before you were able to prepare yourself, it had already begun showing signs that teased the approach of 19's final show.

On the morning of day 10, you woke up and got ready for work like always.

You tried to find some sort of energy to put into your feet, but dancing with Jimin the day before had drained you and you found the task difficult as you allowed a tired groan to tickle your throat. 

As you made your way to the truck, you fully expected the usual sight of your three co workers gruffly greeting you and demanding you begin to prep food. You held onto the expectation as you readied yourself and threaded your fingers through your hair in weary attempts to make it less messy. You suddenly stopped however when you were greeted with an unfamiliar scene.

Your fingers were still rested through your threads as you remained frozen in the presence of not three forms about to enter the truck, but four. Your arrival caused them all to halt in their actions as well, and soon they turned and stared your way emotionlessly.

One of the four people standing in front of you was a complete stranger. Your eyes widened when you first made eye contact with the green-eyed male, and your throat went dry as you tried to comprehend who he was.

He held a tired dullness to his orbs that retracted when he finally returned your stare. He was younger and not as old as your other coworkers. He might have even been the same age as you and Jimin, but regardless of his clear youth, his posture had at first looked poor; as if he held weights on his narrow shoulders. He straightened his spine in your presence however and even forced a smile through his dried lips after a few heartbeats of hesitation. His eyes remained dull regardless of the gesture. 

You lowered your gaze to his neck and then to the apron tied around it.

09.

Who was this? Why was he wearing an apron? Why was he entering the food truck as if it was natural? Why was he smiling at you in a way that gave you anxiety? Your heart beat lightly sped up in the stress of the unknowns while the tall male looked down at you. The shadow he seemed to cast was suffocating.