Ten

Layla giggled as she ran through the house as Emmett was chasing her. The others laughed when they heard the couple running through the house. "Layla!" Esme called out when the sound of glass breaking.

Layla stopped and smiled innocently. Emmett grabbed her causing her to scream out than laugh.

Esme smiled as she walked away to the kitchen to finish the dinner for Layla's birthday. "Mom, what are you doing?"

"Nothing honey, but happy birthday." She said handing Layla her gift. Layla opened the gift and saw it was a credit card. She looked back at Esme with a questioning look. "Go have fun."

"By myself?"

"Yes, but call Emmett if something happens."

Layla smiled and nodded as she ran to get dressed.
~~~
Hope arrived in Forks for her sister's birthday. All she had to do was find her. She noticed a blonde that looked more like their father and smiled. "That was easy." She said as she walked towards the store she just watched Layla walk in.

Layla smiled as she bought a black dress with diamonds. "That dress will look fantastic on you."

Layla jumped and looked at the girl beside her. "Thanks."

"I'm sorry for scaring you. I'm Hope Mikaelson."

"Layla Hale." She replies. "Do you have a place to stay, Hope?"

"Not yet since I just arrived."

"Come to my party." Layla said as she grabbed Hope's hand. "Please."

"Of course." Hope said smiling as she wanted to know her sister better. She followed Layla out of the store and to her car. She knew that sooner or later she will have to tell Layla about them being sisters, but she wanted Layla's trust.
~~~
Emmett was shocked when he got back with Layla's present to see a girl talking to his mate. "Who is that?" He asked.

"Hope Mikaelson." Alice replies.

Layla looked up and smiled. "Emmett, meet Hope."

"It's nice to meet you." Emmett said as he kissed his mate.

Hope smiled seeing her big sister in love. She watched how much this family loves her sister and thank god for giving her to a family that took good care of her. She gasped when she saw Emmett get down on his knee making Layla cry and nod. Daddy is going to love this family.

Edward wondered what Hope meant by that. Who are you? He thought as he watched Hope and Layla hug.

Should Hope be Edward's mate?