The Decision

❝︎Everyone is expecting you to attend Beauxbatons!❞︎

(PLEASE READ THE A/N!)

00 : The Decision

I've received 2 acceptance letters, one from Hogwarts and one from Beauxbatons. Of course, everyone in my family thought I would be attending Beauxbatons because all the girls in my family went there. I myself looked forward to attending school there alongside Fleur. She's 3 years older than me and has become Beauxbatons' pride. Because of that, all the teachers there couldn't wait for my arrival, another bright witch that will attend their school.

"Did you hear?" I glanced up from the two letters while laying on my bed to see Fleur standing there looking pretty without even trying talking with a heavy french accent.

"Hear what?" I ask, putting the letters down.

"Harry Potter"

"The boy who lived, what about him?"

"He got accepted to Hogwarts"

My eyes widened, "how do you know that?"

"Head Mistress told me"

"Of course she did", I scoffed. The Head Mistress of Beauxbaton was crazy over our family. Maybe it's because of the long line of the girls that attended her school or maybe it's because our family is one of the strongest and wealthiest wizarding families.

"Quite interesting isn't it? The boy who survived will soon meet Dumbledore" Fleur said in French.

"I guess so" I replied in French.

"Anyway, other than that I came to ask if you needed my Owl"

"What for?"

"To send a letter back to Head Mistress to let her know you will be attending Beauxbatons of course! Surely you finished writing it by now"

"Yeah about that, I think I'm going to attend Hogwarts" Fleur looked at me shocked.

"You cannot! Everyone is expecting you to attend Beauxbatons!" She furrowed her eyebrows whisper shouting to make sure she doesn't wake up Gabrielle, our youngest sister who's just next doors. "besides, you wanted to go the Beauxbatons... What happened?!"

"Dumbledore, I want to be taught by him" I replied in English. It was true though, ever since I got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts, which I never expected since no girls in my family got accepted there ever, I couldn't stop wondering. How come I was the only girl that got accepted to Hogwarts? Besides, Dumbledore is the greatest wizard, someone who even HE feared. I've always looked up to him. Also, hearing that Harry Potter, the boy who lived, would be attending Hogwarts too made me want to go to Hogwarts more.

"Evelyn, you're being stupid. If mother finds out about this-" Fleur said holding my hand.

"Mother won't hate me, maybe disappointed. Father.. would be proud. You know how he is. He too went to Hogwarts remember?"

"Evelyn" Fleur looked at me in the eye looking very serious. "I can't let you send this letter back to Hogwarts. For our family's sake"

"It's too late Fleur, I already sent it" She let go of my hand so fast her jaw dropping.

"Evelyn Clermont, what in the world have you done?" Fleur sighed. There was an awkward silence for about 3 minutes. Fleur seemed to be thinking, deep.

"My little sister attending Hogwarts, I was looking forward to spending more time with you Evelyn. I guess I can't change what has been done... But promise me you'll write to me every day. You should tell the others about your decision today" She spoke in French once again. We nodded at each other and Fleur walked out looking sad. I picked up the Hogwarts acceptance letter and held it close to my heart. I felt relieved that Fleur was understanding and didn't throw a huge fit. Maybe mother will be as understanding too.