Chapter 41

It took quite the convincing to finally get the king to relent and let us go, to be alone for a while. We sit in the same fighter that we used to get the ice world, only this time we are going to a tropical paradise. To a private island on some world, with a villa that no one is allowed to get near. We are entering the atmosphere and we are being buffeted, but soon we're in and on course.

The only people here are the staff that belong to this place, and they know that we are on our way. "Jahní, you feel ok?" I feel something is not quite right with her.

"I'm not so sure. I have to get to the island as quickly as possible." I begin to worry about her and now I feel the urgency of landing. Suddenly The fighter veers to the starboard and starts to go down.

"Jahní!" She doesn't respond. suddenly the controls on my side come to life, so I grab the stick. "Jahní, can you here me!" I get the fighter back on course, but I'm not sure what just happened. "Jahní, I'm not so familiar with this Bird, but I think I can get us there and on the ground. I hope."

Man this Bird is smooth and responsive. I look at the screen and as far as I can tell we are on course to the island, so I cross my fingers that we land safely. "Ant?"

"Jahní?"

"Yes."

"Thank God! You blacked out or something, but I got this Bird steady and on course." She answers something. "Are you able to take over?"

"I'm not certain just yet, please keep this course for about a half hour or so." I can hear and feel her discomfort and it is concerning; soon the flight computer starts beep, so we must be close. I look off to the port side and there it is. Gently pushing the stick this Bird gracefully turns, without much effort. What a fighter. "I think I can take it Ant."

"Ok, I'm letting go!" It feels like she got it under control. "You got this Jahní, just get us down."

She's got it steady now I can feel us slowing down, as we reach the landing pad. I feel her struggling with what is bothering her, but we touch down A OK. Jahní pops the canopy; I jump out of my seat rushing to the front of the fighter helping her unbuckle taking off her helmet. She is sweating profusely. "My God Jahní what do you feel?" I touch her and she's burning up. I turn and a couple of the servants are heading to us; I wave them on to hurry up.

We get her out of the fighter and rush her into the villa, all the while she's holding her abdomen. My mind is almost in a panic, it has to be something with the baby! Oh God Please don't take Jahní or my baby! A lump is in my throat, as I can feel everything she's going through. Once inside the residences Doctor is waiting for us, and he quickly takes her to the medical wing.

I follow closely and enter the examination room with them, he sees me and waves me over. "Please hold her hand and keep her company." I nod and lean down to Jahní putting my forehead to hers and she puts a hand on my head.

"Pray for us Ant, please so we don't loose our child." The tears roll down her face and I'm so choked I can't even speak, but I nod so she knows that I heard her.

She was bleeding and thank God that the Doctor was able to get it under control, I sit in a chair still wearing the flight armor. I'm holding her hand with my head resting on her shoulder. One of the servant girls, who is the acting nurse puts a hand on my shoulder. "You should go rest captain, she will be safe here."

"I'm fine thank you. I wish to stay here." She looks at me and puts her hand over her heart smiling she walks away. I must've dosed off, because the next thing I hear is the rumbling roar of a ship passing over the villa. I sit up grabbing the Majah-tu weapon I had strapped to my leg and I wait to see what the hell is going on.