Chapter 25 [M]: Captain

December 2019

December 2019

It wasn't until a week later that snow started gathering on the premises of Norton High, bubbling up excitement in the hearts of many. People in town loved winter, especially the young ones. For Ian, not so much. He's not too fond of the cold, which is one of the main reasons why he thinks he won't be able to enjoy this year's booth fest as much as he used to, but it should be fine. What's done is done.

The locker room was quiet the morning he set foot on campus. The temperature was below freezing outside and the boiler didn't seem like it was doing its job as it wasn't all too different behind the doors. He quickly pulled the key Bryce gave to him and went over to locker 19, surprised to see a few clothes hanging by the rack as opposed to its sheer emptiness days ago. After settling his sports bag inside, Ian carefully closed it, not forgetting to turn its lock, and moved to take his parka off to hang it on the coat hooks, but when he turned around, he was met by a hard chest.

"You're getting comfortable with that," Bryce spoke, voice merely a whisper, his lips tugged upwards as he stepped forward, trapping Ian against the metal doors. "Where the hell did you come from?" the brunet asked, a little bit shocked, but smiled when he saw the familiar pearl hairpin clipped outside the mini pocket of Bryce's jacket.

"Is that Evie's hairpin?"

"Oh yeah," Bryce chuckled, removing the accessory before handing it to Ian. "I was gonna give it to you. I found it in my pants' pocket yesterday, she must've played with it while I was painting."

"You didn't paint shit."

Bryce scowled, but it didn't last long. "Because none of you turds took turns after I was in charge of your sister."

Ian didn't say anything else and instead just stared up, smiling until the blond's hands fell from the lockers to his waist. It was his habit every time the two would meet somewhere hidden from the people's eyes; holding Ian, and fortunately for him, Ian liked being held. Bryce leaned down before planting a kiss on the brunet's jaw, stiff and cold, probably because the idiot that he is decided not to wear any protection on his head, in this temperature, which wasn't that hard to tell with all the beads of snow that were sprinkled on his blonde hair.

"You're cold," Ian told him as he leaned his head back, granting Bryce more access to his neck. He held his captain's jaw and gently pulled the blond away from him, giving the boy a reprimanding look. 

"And you're taking my warmth away," Bryce retorted with a lopsided smile when Ian blushed, and that was his cue to resume his attack on the boy's skin. The brunet groaned when Bryce began sucking on the region where his neck and shoulder met, just enough that a faint pink bruise began forming on the spot.

Ian's hands flew to Bryce's back, pulling him close, moaning at his warmth and sensation. Bryce smiled at the reaction and decided to pull away to see his face; his mouth very slightly ajar, the curve of his lashes resting alluringly on his lower lid as Ian exhaled thin fogs of frost smoke. He was so beautiful, and it didn't matter that Bryce's mouth felt crisp between breaths because frankly, he didn't care, he just wanted to kiss Ian and melt the cold away.