Chapter 4

I dragged my feet across the shiny ground, my eyes feeling heavy and tired. After a long day of this shithole, I get kicked out. On my first day as well.

I stopped outside the door to my last lecture, before pulling the handle down and entering. I walked into the room, it didn't have much students which gave me the impression that I was going to enjoy this one.

I was told my professor for this class was absent and we had a substitute for today. Thank god he looked like he was about to drop dead, because now I can relax. There was no Enzo here either which felt like heaven to me.

———————

The next day, I only had 2 lectures. I had already finished the first one, and now it was time for my lunch.

I walked through the hallway towards the college cafe, before somebody stopped next to me.

"Excuse me, would you like to volunteer to help the elderly." An enthusiastic male voice called out.

I turned to see a guy with curly light brown hair and bright green eyes, holding a clipbook in his hand. He had a hopeful look on his face like a child. I scanned him through narrowed eyes, before shaking my head no.

"It's really beneficial for your future-"

"Unfortunately I don't care about my future. " I breathed without turning back, sounding a little too vulnerable than intended. He walked in front of me, causing me to stop.

"Move."

"You're the new girl right?" He asked sweetly. He then stuck his hand out. "Hi, I'm Roman."

I scanned him, waiting for him to be scared or intimidated. But he wasn't, making me furrow my eyebrows with surprise. Most people at this college are too afraid to approach me.

I had a friend in highschool, Lenora. She was the only friend who was loyal to me and didn't use me for my money. The rest scattered the second they found out I wasn't of use to them.

"Hmm. I could use you for something." I said as a smile formed on my face. "Roman, we're going to skip class today."

——-

"Are you sure we aren't going to get caught?" He asked uneasily as we sprayed the brick wall with spray paint.

"No, now come on. We have this patch left to do." I replied dismissively. He sighed before returning to spraying.

"Have you done the assignment for history?" He asked, making me freeze and turn to him.

"You aren't in my class?"

"I am. I just sit in the corner."

Furrowing my brows in realisation I continued spraying. "I've done the homework. By the way, what is this high school? They might as well have cheerleaders."

"Oh, they do. This college is all for sports." He shrugged.

We stopped and stared at our masterpiece on the wall, which was a colourful spray paint mural of a beach. I was always good at stuff like this, and this one looked professionally done, so I don't think anyone would notice. They'd probably assume the college did it themselves.