☽ 16 ☾

Jimin tried to walk through the mess of undergrowths and roots without tripping. But with his ever lasting rift with gravity, it seemed like a hard thing to do. Yoongi on the other hand was walking like he was on plain ground. Jimin bit his lips and tried to place his stepping exactly where Yoongi had, but without much success. Finally, he heard Yoongi sigh and turn around. 

"Don't step on the roots, the algae makes them slippery" Yoongi point out, "Try to step where they are more grasses, the roots hold the soil together and you won't loose your stepping. Don't try to kick the rocks because you never know which is actually as small as it seems and which one is just the exposed part of a big rock"

Jimin nodded and tried to follow. At least this time he didn't feel like he was going to fall every five step. Though, he did stumble every now and then. Suddenly Yoongi stopped walking and Jimin almost bumped into him.

He scrunched up his nose and was about to ask what happened when he saw someone else standing in front of them. Jimin's eyes widen when he saw greenish scales on the man's face. His eyes glowed a shade of milky blue and the pupils were slit instead of round. 

Jimin noticed the canines, or fangs, that were pushing down on the man's lips. He knew that the man's spirit animal was a snake but he had no interest in finding out which. He felt Yoongi push him behind a little till he was completely hidden behind his body. 

Both, Yoongi and the other man, didn't say a word. They just glared at each. Though, Jimin could feel Yoongi's muscles tensing and relaxing as he waited for the other to move. But it wasn't because he was scared. The smirk on his face and the glint in his eyes showed anything but fear.  It was more like Yoongi was tempting the other to take a step forward.

However, the other man, blinked and stepped away. He didn't even give a second glance before he walking away. His behavior and the look in his eyes said that he wouldn't touch Yoongi even with a ten foot stick. 

Jimin peeked over Yoongi to see the man leave. And after he was no longer visible past the tree, Yoongi started walking again. Jimin almost fell down because he was leaning his weight against the elder. He slumped his shoulder and gave an annoyed expression before continuing to walk. 

"Can you climb trees?" Yoongi asked. 

"Huh- wha- Yeah, I can. Well I guess" Jimin mumbled, unsure of his own abilities. 

Yoongi pointed towards a tree to their right and spoke, "Can you climb that one?"

The branches of that tree were low enough to climb, but high enough to keep something safe. 

"I'll try"

"There's a flag on the second level branch. Get that down" Yoongi said, pointing to where the flag must be. Jimin tried to spot it, his sight following where the white-head was pointing, but he couldn't see anything in between the leaves. 

Nevertheless, he tried to climb up the tree. Luckily for him, there were enough footings such that  even if Jimin slipped a little, he wouldn't fall down on the ground. Slowly and carefully, he climbed up the tree. He was confused when he reached upto the level where Yoongi had pointed because there was nothing there. 

He thought that he was at the wrong height so he tried getting even higher and looked around, but all he saw was leaves and branches and... oh look more leaves. 

"Yoo-" He stopped when he looked down and saw that Yoongi wasn't beneath him. He furrowed his brows together and was about to get down when he heard crunching of leaves and twigs. Immediately, he realized there was someone else on the ground. Someone who wasn't Yoongi.