Chapter Twenty-Eight: Birthday

I woke up peacefully to an empty bed and hearing Harrison's voice from a few rooms over. I stretched my arms out on the bed. It had been a long few weeks. Jack and I had finished building plans for the house. Today was the big day though.

Today was Harrison's first birthday. Harrison in the past week had begun babbling away saying mama and dada which was always encouraging to us. We decided to postpone doing any kind of surgery on Harrison until he absolutely needed it. I know someone would eventually find out and that would cause all kinds of headlines so we just decided to keep it under wraps. Today was the big day and everything was ready in some way. I was a bundle full of emotions because I wasn't ready to face the fact Harrison was actually one.

"Good morning!" Jack exclaimed coming back into our bedroom and placing a babbling Harrison on the bed.

I brushed my hand through his red hair and looked at his eyes. He had the cutest and softest freckles across his face. Harrison honestly took a lot of Jack's facial features and was absolutely the most handsome little boy I had ever seen. Harrison rolled over and came up to me and began to blow raspberries on my cheek. That was something he picked up one afternoon with Zack. Harrison has become accustomed to the nickname Harry or Harri as I liked to write it on papers.

"I thought since for such a monumental day we could go get breakfast," Jack said as he stripped off his sweat pants and quickly changed into some jeans from off the floor.

"Where would be going daddy?" I smirked watching me struggle into his pants.

"I don't know where would the beautiful lady who went into labor one year ago like to go? I feel like you should be honored just as much as Harrison," Jack shrugged and then began digging through his closet for a t-shirt.

"Well I am cool with just some pancakes. Also remember your management team and mine think it would be a good idea for us to post a thing about it being Harrison's birthday," I said pointing at him as he pointed back.

Harrison then began clapping his hands and pointing at his dad. Jack found a shirt and threw it on quickly before diving on to the bed while I held Harrison so he wouldn't get thrown off. Harrison squealed and giggled much like Jack did from time to time. I stared at Jack who was brushing his fingers through Harrison's hair now and trying to style it.

"Okay buddy, time to tell mommy to get up!" Jack said as I rolled my eyes.

I let Harrison flop back into Jack while I got up from the bed. I grabbed a new set of clothes and wandered my way into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth first then styled my hair. I put on my shirt and found a way to squeeze into my jeans. I looked out at Jack who gave me a whistle as I walked out of the room.

"Harrison, I don't know how I ever became this lucky to be with your mommy," Jack said while I flipped him off.

Jack covered Harrison's eyes while I picked the small boy up off of the bed. I walked into the nursery that I knew in a blink of an eye would be becoming a toddler room which I was completely not prepared for. I knew it would probably not be becoming a toddler room to Harrison as Jack and I hoped to have a house by then. I hadn't mentioned a few small details to Jack though while I looked into the mirror above Harrison's changing table. I quickly undressed him and put a clean diaper on him before letting him crawl on the floor. Jack came in and held out a bag with an outfit in the bag.

"I remember you bought this a few weeks back with Ryleigh. Something about it being his birthday outfit?" Jack said as I picked up the shirt that said 'birthday boy' on it.

"Yeah I just thought maybe he would wear it later for his pictures or something?" I said and Jack leaned down to kiss my cheek.

I had been feeling, not myself recently. I told Jack I was afraid that as Harrison grew up he would resent us for not wanting another child until he was older. In short, Lisa told Alex I wanted another baby potential close in age to Harrison but not super close in age. I wanted Harrison to remember the baby coming and being a big brother. I didn't know how long it would take Jack and I to conceive though so it was all just rambling nothing too serious. Alex though told his best friend congrats about finally getting his wish that we would be having a second child. To which caused Jack to panic thinking I was hiding a secret from him that I was pregnant. Which would have totally not been okay. I was not and it took Jack a few days to actually believe me. Jack was then really, disappointed I guess. It was a relief while at the same time it was sadness of knowing it wouldn't be for a while. We had been making up for that though.

"Lisa and Alex want to join us for breakfast is that oaky baby?" Jack brushed a finger on my cheek.

"Yeah just no presents until later,"

"They know. They just want to see their favorite man," Jack began laughing while I rolled my eyes.

"Jack if they want to see anyone it is definitely not either of us. T.K and Carlos are coming by later during the party. Neither of them know how long they can stay though."

"Okay I will be on good behavior," Jack mumbled.

Jack had offended T.K the last time he came by without Carlos. There were some rumors floating around that T.K wanted time away from Carlos which was anything but true. T.K had been looking at wedding rings to make things official and not just dating anymore. I completely understood his reason for sneaking around and it was so hard to not tell Carlos. Carlos finally got it out of T.K and there was a screaming match. T.K came over crying. Jack believed the rumors and T.K and Jack then fought.

I finished getting Harrison ready as we rushed out the door and to the car to breakfast. Jack held the door open for Harrison and I while we walked into the little pancake place. Alex and Lisa were already sitting at table. Alex stood up and put his hands out for the birthday boy which Jack gladly smacked. I pulled out my chair and sat with Harrison on my lap. A kind waitress recognized Alex and Jack before offering to get a high chair. It wasn't a big deal but Lisa bit her lip while watching the whole ordeal.

"He is awful big isn't he?" The waitress said before looking Harrison in the eyes.

"Are you sure he is even Jack's? I mean Logan does have quite a reputation that proceeds her," The waitress said and I felt like I couldn't breath.

I looked at Lisa as she looked bewildered. Alex kicked Jack under the table. Jack's hand brushed my leg and tried to find my hand. I felt his fingers start to wrap around mine while I pulled them away and picked Harrison out of the high chair. I quickly walked out of the restaurant and across the street with Harrison. I placed him in the car and then hid behind it and covered my hands with my face. I began to cry.

It was not the first time I had heard the rumors or had people ask me that question. There were rumors because Beckett and I had recently broken up that the child was his. It would make perfect sense because of Kolbi. Kolbi even still called me mommy or mom. I felt the hot tears continue to roll down my cheeks and I too felt alone again.