one - you

Why do people complain?

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

You opened your eyes to be greeted with the sight of the dull, cemented ceiling that greeted you good morning as the days stretched on.

You turned to face the small window from which you had your view of the small city I resided in.

Faded, pale yellow sunlight streamed in through the transparent glass. The colour seemed so gentle, so child-like - it reminded you of a state you used to wear as your mask frequently, a state which you could no longer return to.

A state in which... you tried to ignore everything.

As that came to mind, you sat up from your mat on the floor, the material thin enough to replicate the volume of trust you have in others.

Except Mother.

If your life was a story, Mother would be the main heroine. She was the instrumental conductor of every turning point in your life. But the one thing she doesn't ever do, is to talk back.

You don't have an inkling why. Even in the most desperate situations, she prefers to keep her lips sealed tight, and lose the battle against the opponent before it even began.

And this personality trait of hers... People, of course, always prey on small little things like this and try to make them feel better about themselves.

It's stupid.

You can still hear Father's words echoing in your head, the words of complain ringing in your ears.

"Why won't you talk? Are you scared? Are you trying to disrespect me? ARE YOU?!"

And then there was you, a small, tiny girl whose footsteps probably wouldn't even leave a mark on the earth. You stared on as the exchange happened in front of those innocent, lovely eyes of y/ec.

You could hear it.

The heart of transparent glass. So see-through it was as if it wasn't even there.

It's being smashed into pieces. Smithereens.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Is it because.. they feel entitled?

words: 327
published: 22/09/2020