HIS THERAPIST

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

EUNEIROPHRENIA
(n.) the peace of mind that comes from having pleasant dreams

♢ ♢ ♢

Ravenna had grown exhausted at the thought of Rafael being in a state where she couldn't yell at him or even worse blame him. She had exhausted merely every channel in her brain with one reason why he might have left her that day. His coma only justified why he hadn't came back to her, but what it didn't justify is why he left her with his apology.

Ravenna knew that the day he had left with his meaningless apology, it was the end of her trying to heal a part of him that once knew how to love. She was done being the only one trying in this relationship between her and Rafael. Truth to be told she didn't even know what was going in between her and Rafael. There was an undeniable attraction between them, but was it even more than a One Night Stand to him.

All the questions haunted her mind even more ever since Dante had practically came begging to her to take Rafael back. But, she knew he was never hers to keep in the first place. Maybe she was only his therapist after all.

But, she wanted closure even if that was the last thing she got from him. She wanted to hear it from him that it was never there between them so it doesn't even need to be over. Even if this closure meant going to him and waiting for him to wake up from his coma.

Ravenna felt her eyes grow heavy as she made her final decision of visiting the Italian tomorrow.

♢ ♢ ♢

The next morning came quicker than Ravenna had anticipated. Even with the eight hours of sleep she had throughout the night, Ravenna still felt as if she hadn't gotten any sleep at all in the first place. Deciding upon dealing with the issue with a cup of coffee, Ravenna headed straight to the bathroom to brush her teeth and take a shower.

As she got into the shower, she dreaded at the thought of going to visit Rafael. Maybe because she was still healing from losing her nana who she adored more than anything in this world. But she also knew that her nana was in a way better place now, away from all the disappointment the world had to serve.

Ravenna walked out of the shower and into the closet to pick out a short sleeve light yellow sun dress that reached mid thigh. Not wanting to put much effort into her hair, she pulled it into a messy bun and headed straight for the kitchen to grab the very needed cup of coffee.

The mail on her table was piling up enormously huge as she didn't feel like going through the letters of grief and unneeded intuition. She then remembered the empty bird feeder that was hanging outside. All the birds that used to come feed on it had given up as they realized their owner had given up on doing so.