Chapter 18

"I am not scared of her." Damian huffed defiantly, the very idea was ridiculous.

"No? We'll see about that," Marinette said a devious glint in her eye as she tried to add another pin.

"OW!"

"I told you to stop moving!" Marinette exclaimed, soon after it was Dicks turn. Marinette was able to finish the second man quickly enough.

"Alfred can you ask Damian to-" Selina walked in but stopped short when she saw Marinette packing her things up, Damian holding an impatient Mar'i. "Oh, why did no one tell me Marinette came?" The boys shrugged.

"Hello, Selina." Marinette greeted, zipping her bag up as she grabbed the two empty garment bags.

"Carefully please," Marinette said giving each boy their respective bags. "I just finished but I'll be back Thursday for Duke, Damian, and Tim, and then your fitting on Saturday." Selina nodded and was about to speak but was cut off by a frustrated exclamation from Mar'i who still wanted to be held by Marinette.

The girl readily took Mar'i who grabbed at her scarf again, Marinette giggled before taking the deep blue infinity scarf off and handing it to the girl to play with.

She grabs the fabric and shoves her face into it before throwing it back up with a giggle and smile. Marinette congratulated her with a big smile and a tickle.

"I'll get here as soon as I can after classes on Thursday, I just need to go home to get the suits."

"Instead of taking a cab here, why don't you just come here with Damian after school? Alfred can drive you to your place so you can pick what you need up and then you two can come back here?" Marinette smiled in thanks but was about to refuse when Damian cut in.

"Oh, really it's alright I can just-"

"tt, I am never getting in a car with her ever again." Marinette seemed taken aback by that.

"Rude! You are the one that insisted, and then you slam the door in my face!" Marinette exclaimed, her accent thickening.

"I wouldn't have even gone if it wasn't for you antagonizing me!"

"You don't make it very hard! You shouldn't have assumed that-"

"I assume nothing!"

"You assume everything!" Damian and Marinette were in the midst of a staring contest, Mar'i still in Marinette's arms as they glared. Dick and Jason shared a look, Kor'i looked to her husband for some context but he seemed just as lost as her- she understood they were friends, Alfred approached the two and grabbed the baby handing her to Kor'i like their argument was totally normal.

"You're ridiculous, I only speak the truth!"

"At the expense of your subject, you dense walnut!"

"What does that even mean?!" Damian exclaimed exasperated as Marinette refused to back down.

"If you're so smart, figure it out." Marinette huffed, Alfred broke the silence immediately, leading Marinette out before she lost her resolve and started apologizing for acting like that in front of Damian's family. Selina heard the beginning of a rambling apology.

"What the hell, demon spawn? We thought you two were past that! You know, becoming friends."

"tt, like I'd ever willingly spend time with her." Damian walked out of the room, grabbing the tape measurer Marinette had left behind.

Robin was getting ready for patrol, his siblings still pestered him about his and Marinette's argument, he had to admit it was a louder one but they'd be back to their usual pranks in no time.