:: Chapter 1 :: Meeting

A short boy ran out like a bat out of hell and away as he was called to come back. But he didn't want to. He never wanted to go back. They had told him to leave to, so more incentive to keep his legs going as far as they would take them, as far away from the place he should have been able to call home.

But it wasn't and would never be his home.

He wanted to cry when he found himself safely far away. His body ached from the beating he had been given, he was tired. His stomach growled along with a sharp pain to show he was also starving. He had the sudden thought to go back, but he shook his head. Pulling his hood up he started walking.

Didn't know where he was or where he was going but, he felt that eventually he would find somewhere to wait at, before continuing on his way to find his own home. A new one, a better one.

Though, he didn't expect to come across a still open bakery in the middle of the night. The boy shivered as the ice cold wind hit at his bare calves, with it the first bits of snow started falling upon the ground.

Shivering he walked in, and quickly to the public bathroom. He washed his hands in the sink as soon as he locked the door. He looked at the mirror, standing on a stool provided. He let his hood fall and looked at the damage done. He was bruised horribly, hand prints around his neck, and cheek. He was sure he had some more elsewhere. His big green eyes started to tear up as he realized he was bloody, a mess, he started to clean it off as gently as he could. Ignoring the pain in his ribs, or his arms every time he moved. Ignoring the sting his cuts got from the water running over it.

Ignoring the painful throb as the thought no one would ever want him shot him painfully.

A little sob got stuck in his throat as he paused over a particularly bad one. He blinked to get his cloudy eyes clear, but that only let fat little tears fall out of his eyes. They didn't stop once they fell. Just continued on in streams. He hiccuped when he finished cleaning up what he could.

Carefully he wiped his eyes as he tried to calm down. He didn't need to go out crying. He toon a deep breath. Looked in the mirror and again a painful throb in his chest made his lips wobble. Shaking his head he got off the stool and to the door.

Looking out He quickly moved out of the bathroom, wincing when he bumped into someone who caught him before he could fall. His vision blurred as he looked up to find a concerned teen staring down at him. His eyes had dark circles under them. His eyes looking far way with how bright they were, a sea green color that swirled while they stared into his own venom green ones. Watching with wariness as his hand came up, heart skipping a beat before relaxing as it just went through his own messy black wavy hair.

"You okay?" His voice, for some reason soothed him a little.

Nodding slightly, he responded quietly. "I'm okay." Stepping away while trying not to fidget. He was a little scared if he was to be honest.

He raised a brow and knelt till their eyes met on the same level. "No you're not." He said knowingly. His eyes softened as he grabbed his tiny hand in his own. Leading him to a table. "Stay here a second."

He walked over to the counter, there he asked for a first aid kit and some food. Coming back, he smiled at the kid. Setting the food down, pushing it towards him as he sat next to the child.

"It's alright, this might hurt a bit okay? Just a sting to clean the cuts, is that okay?" He asks as he takes some peroxide and a napkin. The boy nodded his head and let the older boy take his arm to clean it. Wincing every time it did sting but eh didn't say a word. "No kid should go through this..." he said, but as a whisper. Though he still heard it and didn't comment.
He smiled up at the young child. "I'm Percy Jackson. What's your name kid?"

The boy watched him lean back and had a mini war to himself as to if he should talk to him before he decided to heck with it. "I'm...I-I'm Harry." He stuttered, blush coming to his cheeks. "Harry Potter."

Percy smiled at him and handed him a muffin. "Well, Harry. Where are your parents?"

Harry looked at the muffin with a frown then back up with cautious eyes. He nibbled on the muffin, happy he was getting some food in. He was starving-he hoped he didn't throw this up later. "They died when I was little." His voice was slightly muffled by the food.

"Who do you live with then?" Percy asked, brows meeting together in confusion.

"I lived with my Aunt and Uncle. My cousin too. But they threw me out..." He responded and looked to the ground in sad dejection.

An intake of breath and he looked up to see Percy with wet eyes. "Did they do this?" He asked nearly to quiet to hear. But he heard him. Harry nodded slowly still watching, a little confused. A tear rolled down Percy's face, but he wiped it away quickly. Harry realized he was sad, for him. "How...How about you come live with me?"

Harry's eyes studied him, he blinked as he realized he could trust this man, young teen really, but he felt he could trust him. Since the moment he caught him gently when they bumped into each other only moments ago. Slowly, Harry started to nod.

Smiling brightly, making Harry start to smile in return. "Let's go then."

With that, Harry's life changed for the better.

______

Sorry this took so long, I hope I did this good enough and it lives up to expectations.

I hope for you all to enjoy this to the end, I hate to see books get left behind or forgotten or discontinued. Not only cause it's sad, but because I never get to finish reading myself lol

Anyways, I hope I did good. More chapters will be out soon.

-Neko

Adopted from: @AdriannaMarie1100