:: Chapter 2 :: The Routine Life

Percy Jackson flipped over a waffle, hissing as he nearly burned himself but smiled happily when he saw that it wasn't burnt, and looked perfect. For a blue waffles that is. Checking the time on the kitchen clock he frowned, then sighed as he realized why it was so quiet in their house.

Taking the waffle out, he set it with the rest as he turned the waffle make off. Then started walking out and towards his sons room. Leaving his dirtied apron on the counter nearby.

Walking into his room, he raised a brow at the starfish position on the king sized bed his son was laying on. Drool coming out as he twitched in his sleep. Snorting he rolled his eyes. Like father, like son. Getting closer he laughed when his nose scrunched up. "Hey," laughing again he ripped the blankets off him. "Cmon kiddo, before I eat all the blue waffles again."

Before he knew it, Harry-yes the Harry Potter, he had adopted him as soon as he could, and had been his dad for the past 4 years. Anyway, Harry had jumped up and stumbled out as quick as a cheetah out of his room and down the stairs towards the kitchen. Percy following with a shake of his head.

Harry skidded on his socks to see the plate of steamy waffles waiting on the counter island. He sighed in relief, jumping when he heard laughter, he turned to glare at his dad. "That's not funny! Gods, I nearly had a heart attack." He glowered.

Laughing Percy just shook his head and served him a plate. Harry knew about the gods, and knew his father was one by force, but he still thought it was cool. He didn't know much, only that they were real, and that his father could do nearly anything he wanted. Apparently Percy also knew about Harry-to which when he begged to know, he was told to wait till he was at least 11. And seeing as his birthday was around the corner. He really hoped so.

"When you're done, go get dressed. I'm going to go grab the mail real quick okay?" He said as he walked off.

Harry decided he'd go take a shower and dress before he ate, his food needed to cool down anyways. So off he ran back to his room, changing out of his pjs and into some of his favorite clothes. A red flannel, grey tshirt with faded jeans. Pushing up his round glasses after putting a gray beanie over his wet hair. Then he grabbed his phone off the charge and ran back downstairs.

He found his father there eating a large plate of waffles, drowning in syrup with a cup of orange juice beside it. A pile of recent mail beside him.

Grinning at each other, Harry sat and ate with his dad.

Percy shifted a little as he picked up a letter with a serious look after he finished-in record time of course. He looked to Harry before smiling. "So, guess who got a letter today?"

"You did?" Harry raised a brow and shoved another piece of waffle into his mouth.

Rolling his eyes, he slid the letter down to his kid. "No." He laughed at his confused face. "Harry you got a letter."

Confused, but excited, Harry licked his fingertips clean of the syrup before reaching for the letter. His fingers brushed over his name, though they left out the Jackson part which made him frown, but he opened it, his eyes getting wide as he read it to himself.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY.

Harry didn't know why they were capitalized like that, but he was more focused on the 'school of witchcraft and wizardry' part.

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, Chf.Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International confed of wizards)

So the Headmaster was well known, that made him curious. Wait, why is he important to the fact you got a letter from a wizarding school?

Harry continues to read after shaking his head.