Magical

Pairing: Damon x reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Fluff

Description: Before Damon goes to fight in the war, he wants to make sure that you are both bounded by love.

A/N: Set in the 1940′s

Today was to be the most magical day of your life: you were going to marry the love of your life, Damon Salvatore.

As you stood in front of the floor length mirror in your wedding dress, with your mother finishing up the last touches, your mind began to drift back to the day when Damon asked you to marry him.

It was a few weeks ago, Tuesday 15th June, 1943 to be exact, when Damon had finally gotten up the courage. It was a lovely sunny afternoon with just a little breeze running through the air. You were sitting on the chair swing on your porch, silently swinging yourself whilst reading a book. Damon smiled to himself and moved his hand to his pocket to feel for the ring. He had planned to ask you weeks ago but the right moment never came up but now, looking at you like that, peaceful and beautiful, he knew that today had to be the day he asked you. Damon let out a little nervous breath and continued walking up the garden path, words going over and over in his head of what he wanted to say to you.

"Hello, darling." Even before you looked up, you knew it was Damon because of his signature scent of bourbon and cigars. You placed the book down at the side of you and patted the other side, welcoming Damon to sit next to you.

"Hello, my love." As Damon sat down, you planted a gentle kiss on his lips, leaving a lingering feeling running through his body. He gave a little shiver in response and you giggled at the control that you had over him.

"Before we get started with our plans, I wanted to do something first. I love you so much, darling, therefore I cannot go away to war without doing this. Y/N L/N, my love, my anchor, you are the best part of me. I never want to imagine the rest of my life without you, that is why I want to ask you the most important question of my life. Y/N, my sweet, my darling baby, will you marry me?"

Damon had gotten down on one knee and held out a simple but beautiful silver engagement ring. You looked down at Damon with tears in your eyes and, unable to speak, nodded your head. Damons' face lit up with happiness as he slid the ring onto your finger and brought you in for a simple but passionate kiss.

You let out a nervous but excited breath at the events that are going to play out in mere minutes. Smoothing out the edges of your dress, you turned around to face your mother and gave her a nervous smile.

"I know your nervous, sweetheart, but this is going to be the most magical day of your life. Damon is out there right now, waiting for you. Go and get him!" Your mother flashed you a reassuring smile and linked your arm, guiding you out of the room and towards Damon.

You were currently stood behind two big, red doors with your father and mother at your side.

"Are you ready?" You nodded your head and the doors opened, revealing Damon standing at the other end of the aisle. Everything else was blocked out of you mind apart from walking down the aisle towards the love of your life.