Ch 20 - Childish Jealousy

"Peter doesn't like me. He acts like he likes me but he doesn't" Tony stated walking to Pepper as Peter left to go home after their lab session.

"Oh why do you say so?" Pepper asked raising an eyebrow. "I just know it". "Tony the way he looks at you is like you have stars infront of him". Pepper said. "He acts and I know it". Tony stated and walked back in the lab.

Pepper didn't really know from where this thought came to Tony so she'll just have to wait for tomorrow to ask Peter.

The next day

"Why is Mr. Stark acting all grumpy towards me?" Peter asked walking up to Pepper who was sitting on the couch reading a book.

She closed the book and kept it on the side and motioned Peter to sit down. "So do you know?" Peter asked sitting down.

"No but he said that you don't like him but you just act like you do" Pepper said. "Why would he say that?" Peter asked frowning.

"I don't know" Pepper said. "Tell me what happened yesterday then I might be able to understand what upsetted Tony". Pepper said to Peter.

Peter nodded "So I woke up and went to brush my teeth.." he was cut off by chuckling. "What?" Peter questioned to Pepper who was chuckling. "I meant all what happened in the lab time". "Oh" Peter blushed.

"So I came in the lab and Tony was working on some Iron Man designs and then he Saw me and frowned and suddenly started commenting on my ridiculous fashion sense which he seemed to only care about yesterday but I brushed it off and we worked in silence till I went home "Peter explained to Pepper.

" What were you wearing? "Pepper asked.
" I don't know some Avenger Tshirt "Peter answered." Ok? Which one "Pepper asked." Some Captain America tshirt but it wasn't the first time it had been a whole circular I wore all Avenger tshirts"Peter answered.

Pepper thought for a moment. "Did you wear Iron Man tshirt?" Pepper asked. "No." Peter answered. "That's the problem then Tony feels you don't like him cause you wore every Avengers tshirt but not Iron Man" Pepper said. "That can't be true Tony is not so childish" Peter said. "Oh you don't know about his behavior cause he tries to be perfect infront of you" Pepper said. "Ok I'll talk to you later I told Tony I was going to get something to eat after freshing up" Peter said and ran back.

Peter and Tony sat in silence in the lab each doing their own thing. "Did I do something wrong? You don't seem to like my presence today". Peter said. "No you didn't do anything". Tony said not looking up. "Is it about Tshirts" Peter asked.

"Damn right where is Iron Man tshirt you wore every tshirt just skipped Iron Man" Tony said finally looking up. "Mr. Stark I don't like Iron Man" Peter said. Tony's heart shattered. "Oh okay" Tony said trying to control his emotions.

"You are the best person but no one praises you for being who you are, they praise Iron Man" Peter said. "You're the best btw I ordered custom Tshirts Mr. Stark style" Peter said smiling.

Tony immediately hugged Peter. "I love you Peter you are the nicest person you know." Tony whispered. "I love you too Dad." Peter said not noticing the slip up but Tony didn't mention it.

When the vibe died down both returned to their work but the tension disappeared. As Peter left to go home Tony came to Pepper and yelled "I love Peter and I'm his favorite". Pepper yelped at the sudden outburst.

He ran to the Avengers floor with Pepper following him wanting to listen his reason for calling himself Peter's favorite. "I'm Peter's favorite" He said and all eyes looked at him for reasoning. "He called me Dad."

'Woo' 'Congratulations' 'Finally' Avengers yelled. "But that doesn't make you his favorite" Clint said. "Yeah" Everybody said. "He called me Mom one time not to brag or anything" Pepper said casually.

"What when did that happen?" Tony said. "Oh you know when he stayed over I found him in the kitchen making himself some coffee. He had a nightmare and didn't want to sleep so I soothed him and he sleepily said 'Thank you mom'. It was so emotional, adorable and cute all at once". Pepper said.

"So we are equal and a match and a couple and parents." Tony said counting and pumped his fist in the air "SCORE!!".